Why did the countdown to 2,000,000 decrease?

Andronicus

The higher the active caches that are available to find, the higher the rate of caches get archived per day.(Very normal for this to happen) I got the whole state on my DB and I can see how many caches get archived per day. Its about 5 to 10 a day for my state.

My reviewer archived around 50 to 100 caches a month. :laughing:

Edited by SwineFlew

The higher the active caches that are available to find, the higher the rate of caches get archived per day.(Very normal for this to happen) I got the whole state on my DB and I can see how many caches get archived per day. Its about 5 to 10 a day for my state.

My reviewer archived around 50 to 100 caches a month. :laughing:

I think late winter/spring we see higher archive rates. Winter is passing, dnf's or soggy cache logs start rolling in and people decide that it may be time to let it go.

Just one opinion.

Is the countdown displaying the real number of caches? Usually when web developers display countdowns like these, they tie the number to the date and time of the viewer's computer clock to make it easier to program than actually retrieving the number of caches from their records.

Since the numbers have been going up and down, seems unlikely that it is based on the users clock.

I'll guess sometime around 2am EDT is when we'll reach the target.

Nope! 02:30 Central and it's at 1,999,863. Maybe we'll wake up to the 2,000,000th cache!

Opps, it just dropped by one. Seems that I posted a NA last month and the reviewer just zapped it. Sorry,

:ph34r:

1:30AM PST, 1,999,868

This is gonna happen while the US is asleep! Hahahhaa.

I'm in the U.S. and wide awake (as are U.S. east coast reviews madly going through all the new submission placed in the last 24 hours (I assume that many of the reviewers would also like to get credit for posting the 2,000,000th cache.

As of 7:30AM EST the count is: 1,999,945 and since the site indicates that the number is updated every 15 minutes we may have already reached 2,000,000.

OK, I realize that caches get archived....

Um, is this forum about the "countdown to 2,000,000" likely to possibily get archived? :P

It seems to be morphing into "post-game analysis" of the countdown to 2,000,000. Fair enough! :)

Edited by wmpastor

OK, I realize that caches get archived....

Um, is this forum about the "countdown to 2,000,000" likely to possibily get archived? :P

It seems to be morphing into "post-game analysis" of the countdown to 2,000,000. Fair enough! :)

I agree. I'm closing this thread about the count dropping and rising towards 2,000,000. The posts about reaching 2,000,000 active caches, and discussing the 2,000,000th cache, have been moved to a new thread.