Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest Lee Lansinger

QSL cards for caches??

Guest Lee Lansinger

I don?t need to explain QSL cards to you all like I would have to in a general post.

I think it would be nice if when we hid a cache we made a QSL type card for that particular cache. From time to time we all ?take nothing? and even when we do, offten it not something we could put on a wall or in a scrapbook to remind us of the hunt (and to show off to others). Everyone hiding a cache has a computer and most likely a printer so what they are would be up to the hider, very simple or works of art, large or small. I am not saying that these cards would take the place of the normal ?treasures? found in the caches, they are still fun even if you take nothing, but they would be in addition to the treasures and something everyone would take and they would even fit into the micro caches.

Anyone else think this might work??

Lee WA9HED

[This message has been edited by Lee Lansinger (edited 24 February 2002).]

Guest YaesuMan

that could be fun.

------------------

I do radio.

Anything that is radio.

Yes, GPS is radio.

GO HAM RADIO!

Guest Steak N Eggs

I don't have a QSL card so to speak BUT I do have a business card card that we use as a "Calling Card".

cachecard1.jpg

------------------

"MY gps said it's RIGHT HERE!"

http://www.geogadgets.com

[This message has been edited by Steak N Eggs (edited 25 February 2002).]

how about bussiness cards also? icon_razz.gif

----------------

73s from kd7mxi

TERRA UTAH USA

----------------

146.520 simplex

frs-1 no pl

cb-19 am

-----------------

----------------

73s from kd7mxi

TERRA UTAH USA

----------------

146.520 simplex

frs-1 no pl

cb-19 am

-----------------

Letter boxing in England is an "exchange" of stamps. The one finding the cache places his/her stamp in the cache log book and the cache stamp is placed in the finders log book too. It's rather fun to look through your stamps and see where you've been. Youth hostel stamps are fund to brouse through too after a trip. Why not add this feature to geocaching--at least make the possibility for those who want to do it? icon_smile.gif

Letter boxing in England is an "exchange" of stamps. The one finding the cache places his/her stamp in the cache log book and the cache stamp is placed in the finders log book too. It's rather fun to look through your stamps and see where you've been. Youth hostel stamps are fund to brouse through too after a trip. Why not add this feature to geocaching--at least make the possibility for those who want to do it? icon_smile.gif

Not for me. But then again, I am paranoid. I spent too many years doing things that would make other people mad at me.... like putting them in jail. I might think about some sort of QSL card comemmorating the cache, but nothing with my name-address on it. I am in a new life, and a new career, and while I do not expect trouble, I want to minimize my exposure. I also go "prepared", where-ever I go. So does my XYL. Just something to think about, if you are security minded. NOW... if you want to come looking for my house, come right ahead. I have 5 Great Danes, and dog food is expensive.

Dog page: http://www.geocities.com/heartland/estates/4174

Mike. KD9KC.

El Paso, TX.

icon_biggrin.gif

Not for me. But then again, I am paranoid. I spent too many years doing things that would make other people mad at me.... like putting them in jail. I might think about some sort of QSL card comemmorating the cache, but nothing with my name-address on it. I am in a new life, and a new career, and while I do not expect trouble, I want to minimize my exposure. I also go "prepared", where-ever I go. So does my XYL. Just something to think about, if you are security minded. NOW... if you want to come looking for my house, come right ahead. I have 5 Great Danes, and dog food is expensive.

Dog page: http://www.geocities.com/heartland/estates/4174

Mike. KD9KC.

El Paso, TX.

icon_biggrin.gif

quote:
Originally posted by kd7mxi:

Something business card size, printed on card stock and possibly laminated for anyone finding the cache to take. Something to stick on the wall for keeps.

I found 2 caches so far, I admit I am just a beginner icon_smile.gif But it certainly would be nice to have some permanent proof of having found a cache.

I am not really that interested in taking any goodies. Perhaps this is different if you have children participate. They're probably thrilled to exchanges marbles...

quote:
Originally posted by kd7mxi:

Something business card size, printed on card stock and possibly laminated for anyone finding the cache to take. Something to stick on the wall for keeps.

I found 2 caches so far, I admit I am just a beginner icon_smile.gif But it certainly would be nice to have some permanent proof of having found a cache.

I am not really that interested in taking any goodies. Perhaps this is different if you have children participate. They're probably thrilled to exchanges marbles...

I've left cards in caches before but I have used my MGS cards instead of QSL cards.. I have not had QSL cards printed in eons but it would be kinda cool way to exchange something. Especially now since you can buy postcard, or business card stock and print it on your PC for a reasonable cost. You can even make each batch something special. If they are business card sized you can leave a bunch of them. That way the next guy who comes along can leave a bunch of his, and take one of each of the ones he does'nt have yet.. Sorta like a baseball trading card deal...

de N3LRX

Randall J. Berry

davros@mdgps.net

mdgeocachinglogosmall.gif

I'm brand new to geocaching, but I really like the idea of a QSL like card. I hope others will consider making up something suitable for a wall or scrapbook in addition to the trinkets and other stuff.

N2EEL

Ashburn, VA

That's what I do. I leave one of my old QSL cards in a cache when I find it. I write a brief description of what amateur radio is, and leave a URL for info on becoming a ham (arrl.org/hamradio.html) and a URL for foxhunting, seeing how it is a close reletive to geocaching (arrl.org/tis/info/direction-finding.html) for the benefits of those who have no idea of what amateur radio is.

We started doing this with our first cache we put out. There haven't been too many cachers who have taken one of them. After our fourth cache that we hid we quit making the cards. We referred to them as cache cards. There was a thread about people leaving business cards in caches and this theme came up there, and I related the similarities to ham QSL cards there. I never got much reaction to this idea there either.

I really think it is a great idea for people to have something from each cache they visit to keep. If you trade for something you can keep it, but we usually put them into other caches sooner or latter. Unless you keep records of the things you get from caches you forget just where they come from after a while. icon_biggrin.gif

$1000 Bill