Night Caching in DelMarVa

GlanGailFer

I've never been night caching but would love to try. I live in Delaware but would be willing to travel about 2 hrs away. Does anybody know of any night time caches in my area that uses fire tacks?

Sorry I can't help, but I did a night cache involving fire tacks a few years ago and met a team of cachers from DelMarVa at the final location. A few weeks later I was traveling through the DelMarVa peninsula on the way to the the outer banks, stopped at a rest stop, and found a cache owned by the same team.

I've never been night caching but would love to try. I live in Delaware but would be willing to travel about 2 hrs away. Does anybody know of any night time caches in my area that uses fire tacks?

Search on the words "night" and "nocturnal"

Which, most likely won't produce any useful results, since searching for caches by keyword doesn't order the results based upon a specific location. If I do a search for caches with night in the title the first five results area in California, New York, New Hampshire, Nevada, and New Mexico. As a premium member you *can* search for caches with a pocket query for caches with the "recommended at night" attribute set. I just tried that for my home area and although the first two caches are caches that I own (that I *would* recommend finding at night just because of the view) it did produce a few caches that I know a night caches that use fire tacks.

If you're a premium member, create a Pocket Query (which functions more as an advanced search if you don't select a day to run it) set with a search radius you're comfortable with. Under the "Attributes to Include," select one or more of "Recommended at Night" (it's a moon with some stars in the picture), "night cache", and "flashlight required"

Not all of the results will likely be fire-tack night caches and some people don't use the attributes, but it's probably the easiest way to find caches that meet this description. I finally tried a night cache last fall like this and we had a blast. Unfortunately, for you, it was in Morgantown, West Virginia because I think it'd be a perfect "starter" night cache.