collecting countries

terratin

8 hours ago, funkymunkyzone said:

I bet that was nice. :)

Off to Fiji this weekend.  Landed there before but never actually visited, so will bring up my 78th country.

I know how that goes.  I landed in Kenya 4 times before I was actually able to get out of the airport and visit the country.  As of a month ago or so there is now a direct flight from JFK to Nairobi so any future trips I might take to the continent might involve landing in Kenya again.  There's also an interest in a new project from an organization in Nairobi I haven't worked with before that could take me to Nairobi *and* include  leaving the airport.

On 11/12/2018 at 1:37 PM, NYPaddleCacher said:

Where'd you move to this time?   I had 4 international trips this year but only picked up three new countries (Kenya, UK, and Luxembourg).   Although it won't make a difference in the amount of international travel I do we recently bought a second home that's 2.5 hours away from Newark airport which will make it a bit easier for traveling abroad.  I don't have anything specific planned but there's a project proposal under consideration with an organization in Botswana that could result in a trip or two to Botswana and possibly one or two of the target countries for the project (Rwanda, Mozambique, Uganda...).  

Netherlands. About 380 counties, and I only have 28 so far. I was so far with the UK counties... oh well... I'll see if I can make a dent into this massive amount somehow. At the moment I have a few nights on Aaland in May on my radar. I could also bag Finland as stopover in Helsinki is long enough, but I'm not sure I'll do that as I'd not visiting the country properly.

Just returned from a vacation trip to Uzbekistan (wonderful!!!) where I could grab 1 cache (and suffering, it was our last try after some DNFs... I was already losing hope). We also had 4 days off to Rome where I visited the Vatican. These were my 38th and 39th countries where I've geocached in.

Overall I've visited 45 countries, so there are 6 countries visited by me where I haven't found a cache yet (because it was before I started geocaching): Morocco, Belgium, Luxembourg, Croatia, Slovenia and Monaco.

8 minutes ago, Arnàutil said:

Just returned from a vacation trip to Uzbekistan (wonderful!!!) where I could grab 1 cache (and suffering, it was our last try after some DNFs... I was already losing hope). We also had 4 days off to Rome where I visited the Vatican. These were my 38th and 39th countries where I've geocached in.

Overall I've visited 45 countries, so there are 6 countries visited by me where I haven't found a cache yet (because it was before I started geocaching): Morocco, Belgium, Luxembourg, Croatia, Slovenia and Monaco.

Wow, the central Asian countries are really high on my list to visit! Actually, I visited Kazakhstan on business but did not search for a cache. Well, there 'was' only one in that town, but I guess it never existed. Placed by a zero finds/hides cacher, and found by someone a few days later. Bit suspicious to be honest. I at least have easy flight connections to Georgia from here. This might be a fantastic trip I think :)

Other places I've never found caches: Finland, Jersey (Channel Island), Andorra and China. And Florida state.

4 hours ago, terratin said:

Netherlands. About 380 counties, and I only have 28 so far. I was so far with the UK counties... oh well... I'll see if I can make a dent into this massive amount somehow. At the moment I have a few nights on Aaland in May on my radar. I could also bag Finland as stopover in Helsinki is long enough, but I'm not sure I'll do that as I'd not visiting the country properly.

I found the one just outside terminal 2 in Helsinki.  It's very close to the exit of the terminal in the parking garage.  I had an overnight layover there so was able to take a walk for a couple of hours and find several other caches.  

Countries I have visited but did not find a cache:  Norway (layover too short), Zambia, and Canada of all places.  

I just began this crazy game last year, but do enough traveling that I have 24 countries now.  My wife is not a fan of quick trips to grab caches, so I am having to do some of it alone.  We have cruises planned in January for Honduras, Guatemala, Belize, Mexico, and Cuba, with other non-cruise family trips to Spain, Portugal and possibly France in June, and Brazil in July.  But so far I am having to do solo a Wednesday-Friday trip to get the oldest ones in Aruba, Curacao, and Bonaire in March.  And thinking about doing 4 or 5 island countries from St. Lucia to Trinidad later in the year.  Suggestions for fellow travelers for this retired guy?

Looking for someone to share expenses (or t least travel together) on geocaching trips to collect new countries, initially in the Caribbean; that was accidentally deleted from the post.  I have traveled in 80 or so GC "countries", and have spent weeks in each of the ABC islands mentioned in the post, all before I stumbled onto this game.

14 hours ago, CCSGA said:

I just began this crazy game last year, but do enough traveling that I have 24 countries now.  My wife is not a fan of quick trips to grab caches, so I am having to do some of it alone.  We have cruises planned in January for Honduras, Guatemala, Belize, Mexico, and Cuba, with other non-cruise family trips to Spain, Portugal and possibly France in June, and Brazil in July.  But so far I am having to do solo a Wednesday-Friday trip to get the oldest ones in Aruba, Curacao, and Bonaire in March.  And thinking about doing 4 or 5 island countries from St. Lucia to Trinidad later in the year.  Suggestions for fellow travelers for this retired guy?

Just one.  Don't bring a handheld GPS into Cuba (they're not allowed).

Thanks for the Cuba advice; I normally just carry the cell phone, but perhaps using it to direct me to caches would arouse suspicion.   I had already noticed the precision with which cachers are directed to the locations of the caches, so maybe even the cell phone is unnecessary.

21 minutes ago, CCSGA said:

Thanks for the Cuba advice; I normally just carry the cell phone, but perhaps using it to direct me to caches would arouse suspicion.   I had already noticed the precision with which cachers are directed to the locations of the caches, so maybe even the cell phone is unnecessary.

There is no problem bring a cell phone with an internal GPS into Cuba.  Smart phones are very common  for Cubans.  You won't have access to data though and getting wifi access is a bit of a challenge as well.  As is the case when traveling internationally anywhere and geocaching, preparation is the key to success.  You can download all the cache data you'll need for offline use with most apps.  

On 11/21/2018 at 8:22 AM, CCSGA said:

Looking for someone to share expenses (or t least travel together) on geocaching trips to collect new countries, initially in the Caribbean; that was accidentally deleted from the post.  I have traveled in 80 or so GC "countries", and have spent weeks in each of the ABC islands mentioned in the post, all before I stumbled onto this game.

Bit far too for me.

On 12/20/2018 at 10:47 PM, funkymunkyzone said:

Oops. Mis-counted. Fiji was 77. 78 coming up next week when I hit Tahiti (French Polynesia).

French Polynesia ticked off the list, yay!  Back home in a few days and then looking forward to March when I'm off on an expedition across the pacific including Marshall Islands, Micronesia, Guam, Northern Mariana Islands, and maybe even Palau... :)

1 hour ago, cartrev said:

We are Australian and travelling to Austria, Hungary and Slovakia in February but unfortunately only speak English. How do people get descriptions etc translated when geocaching overseas. 

I did a Rhine, Main, Danube cruise earlier this year. I didn't worry about translation of descriptions although some had an English version as well as local language. If you are looking for caches in tourist areas peruse the cache logs to glean info from English speaking finders. So long as coordinates are good you should not have too much difficulty. Alternatively you can pre plan what caches you will search for then use Google Translate. Or take along a tablet, iPad, whatever with a SIM with data plan. When desperate I have used my Android smartphone to do translations of hints  but it was time consuming and tedious. We cached using Garmin Etrexes that I had preloaded using GSAK.

1 hour ago, cartrev said:

We are Australian and travelling to Austria, Hungary and Slovakia in February but unfortunately only speak English. How do people get descriptions etc translated when geocaching overseas. 

All depends what kind of caches you want to do. If just traditionals, no worries, just try to remember (of make a list) of common hints like "under stone/rock", behind tree, high, .... you get the idea...

If you want to do multi's, EC's or other caches where you need descriptions, prepare as much as possible at home. You might use GSAK (it has a translation macro that keeps the translated text  as a note) for Windows, GDAK (for android) where you can store caches (or import GSAK databases) from where you can copy paste into the offline version of Google translate.

If you have a data connection you can also use online translations if needed.

Having a notion about a few languages might help in understanding other languages too.

I always prepare long in advance, creating a database with all caches of the area we will visit and then make a selection of caches we don't want to do. Then filter these out and take a better look of what is left and tagging what we do want to do. Then begins the solving of mysteries and preparing EC's and multi's as good as possible so we know what to do when we get there.

• Helpful 1
4 hours ago, cartrev said:

After awhile you might start to get the 'feel' for the hint. I visited Norway a couple of years back and although I don't speak Norwegian, I was amazed how quickly I was often able to guess what the hint meant. Or if not all the hint, as least some of it, which might be enough, such as, I believe this has something to do with a tree. Of course it would be tricky with a different script than the familiar alphabet. And some languages are harder. I could often understand enough French, but Icelandic...that remained a mystery for me. (Got to know what Icelandic words to press on a petrol pump though (no attendants to help) to pay for the petrol.

3 hours ago, cartrev said:

I live in Germany, and I don't speak much German, either.  So don't feel bad.  :laughing:  Fortunately, I read it OK - after 5 years of immersion through geocaching, it's easy to remember things like "auf Augenhöhe" means "at eye level, "unter Holz" means under wood, etc.  But I hit my limit often.  During our first time over here, I carried a pocket dictionary in my caching bag and did word by word translations in the field when needed, but  these days I have a phone that can do it for me.

Though more caches seem to be in the local language now than there were 9-12 years ago, odds are that in the larger cities/tourist areas, many caches will have an English section.  (This is more likely to be true in Hungary and Slovakia than it is in Austria and Germany.)

If you have an Android phone and are either smart with your Wifi usage or arranging some level of data plan (like picking up an EU SIM card or getting an EU data plan), pulling caches up in Google Chrome often gives you the option to translate.  Sometimes this misfires, and if it does, it is worth installing the Google Translate app and downloading the languages you need ahead of time for offline translation.  You can then just highlight text on the phone, when the copy/paste box comes up, there are three dots to the right side - hit that and a "Translate" option will appear.  (This works with text selected in any app, be it Chrome, geocaching, whatever.)

If you are going GPS only and use Windows (or have a Mac with a Windows emulator), GSAK has a translation macro.  I've not used it.

If you have iPhone/Mac, I will leave it to a Follower of Jobs to offer advice.

Yay, finally a new country for this year: Lebanon! It will still take a while as it's in earliest October, but I just couldn't pass on those cheap flight tickets that suddenly became available. And my manager (from Lebanon) shouting through the office that this is a great chance :D

For summer vacation I'm currently looking at either Cyprus, Bulgaria or Montenegro/Albania/Croatia. I don't think I'll chose Bulgaria as there's so much to see, and staying at one spot would be a shame. Travelling around on the other hand is not really what I'd call a relaxing summer vacation, plus the coast doesn't look all that interesting. I might keep that for another time. Cyprus: Still trying to find a more rural location off the coast. Would love the Turkish part, but you can't cross over the other half by car, while this is possible the other way around. And there's lots of interesting archaeology in the other part, and the Troodos mountains. Haven't looked into the other countries yet. But it's still early.

3 hours ago, The Whittles said:

We got our 48th country in dec 18 (San Marino) and this weekend we are flying to Nice for a trip to Monaco ,then in Feb we will get our 50th country Thailand ,our aim(mine hahaha) is to get all countries and principalities in Europe,but it may take awhile yet.

I know I could count this myself, but I figure someone will know... How many geo-countries (countries, principalities, etc listed on gc.com) are there in Europe?

I have 44 (45 including Kosovo) so far.  I know I need a few dotted around western Europe (mostly in the sea) and everything east from Ukraine/Belarus/Moldova etc...

8 hours ago, funkymunkyzone said:

I know I could count this myself, but I figure someone will know... How many geo-countries (countries, principalities, etc listed on gc.com) are there in Europe?

I have 44 (45 including Kosovo) so far.  I know I need a few dotted around western Europe (mostly in the sea) and everything east from Ukraine/Belarus/Moldova etc...

47 according to Wikipedia.

17 hours ago, The Whittles said:

We got our 48th country in dec 18 (San Marino)

How did you get down?  San Marino is a goal of ours before we leave Europe again.  I always prefer direct flights, if for no other reason than it's easier when traveling with a 5 year old in tow,  but I can't find any to Rimini.

4 hours ago, hzoi said:

How did you get down?  San Marino is a goal of ours before we leave Europe again.  I always prefer direct flights, if for no other reason than it's easier when traveling with a 5 year old in tow,  but I can't find any to Rimini.

Most kids like trains, especially 5 year olds.  There's a direct route between Bologna and Rimini stazione that takes an hour and 40 minutes.  From there it's a bus ride to San Marino.

This page might help: How to reach San Marino

4 hours ago, hzoi said:

The Man in Seat 61 is an excellent rail guide in addition to the above: https://www.seat61.com/Italy-trains.htm#How_to_reach_San_Marino

19 hours ago, DerDiedler said:

47 according to Wikipedia.

Hmmm, that's too low a number.  I can count to 50 or more, and I'm not sure I'm thinking of them all.

If I've got 44 not including Kosovo and there is Russia, Ukraine, Belarus, Moldova, Turkey, Cyrprus, Malta, Georgia, Azerbaijan, Armenia and the Faroe Islands - that's 55 and I reckon I'm probably still missing some...

Edited by funkymunkyzone
3 hours ago, funkymunkyzone said:

Russia, Ukraine, Belarus, Moldova, Turkey, Cyrprus, Malta, Georgia, Azerbaijan, Armenia and the Faroe Islands - that's 55 and I reckon I'm probably still missing some...

Yes well, define Europe. I think some of the country's you call and maybe some more you miss are not in what most poeple would consider to be Europe.

If i google for "country's of Europe" Wikipedia comes up with a list of 47.

When I search solely for "Europe", it comes up with the subcontinent Europe and "about 50 Country's".

Project-GC counted 54, so maybe this is the only truth for us ?

5 hours ago, DerDiedler said:

Project-GC counted 54, so maybe this is the only truth for us

Good point,  the only country list the really matters in the context of geocaching is the list of countries that GS uses to select a country when a cache is published.   While there isn't an indicator for each country which indicates which continent a country is on, the maps pages on the statistics page does that.  I believe that Russia, Ukraine, Belarus, Moldova, Turkey, Georgia, Azerbaijan, and  Armenia will show as countries on the Asia map.  Turkey shows up on the Asia list though its technically split between between Europe and Asia, split by the Bosphorus river in Istanbul.

14 hours ago, DerDiedler said:

Yes well, define Europe. I think some of the country's you call and maybe some more you miss are not in what most poeple would consider to be Europe.

If i google for "country's of Europe" Wikipedia comes up with a list of 47.

When I search solely for "Europe", it comes up with the subcontinent Europe and "about 50 Country's".

Project-GC counted 54, so maybe this is the only truth for us ?

Yep, I get you.  However in this case, I was just asking about our list of countries (our truth, lol)

Looking at the maps in the statistics page on my profile, I'm guessing Turkey, Cyprus and all the Caspian Sea bordering countries are all Asia, but Russia and anything west of those are Europe.  I base this on the Europe map having the functionality that if you hover over a non-Europe country, the whole other continent is selected.  The Asia map doesn't have the same functionality.

Anyway, seems we have an answer at 54, thanks :)

10 more to go for me...  And a *lot* in Asia...

1 hour ago, funkymunkyzone said:

Yep, I get you.  However in this case, I was just asking about our list of countries (our truth, lol)

Looking at the maps in the statistics page on my profile, I'm guessing Turkey, Cyprus and all the Caspian Sea bordering countries are all Asia, but Russia and anything west of those are Europe.  I base this on the Europe map having the functionality that if you hover over a non-Europe country, the whole other continent is selected.  The Asia map doesn't have the same functionality.

Geocaching lists Gibraltar as a separate country for example. I'm not sure what the status of the Channel Islands, Isle of Man and Faroes are - or whether Kosovo is counted. Those sorts of places could easily push things up to the 54.

14 hours ago, Blue Square Thing said:

Geocaching lists Gibraltar as a separate country for example. I'm not sure what the status of the Channel Islands, Isle of Man and Faroes are - or whether Kosovo is counted. Those sorts of places could easily push things up to the 54.

The Channel Islands are separate ‘countries’ too: Jersey and Guernsey (which includes Alderney, Sark and Herm).

Edited by IceColdUK
  • Helpful 1
15 hours ago, funkymunkyzone said:

Take a look at the TopCountries list on project-gc (https://project-gc.com/Statistics/TopNumCountries) and look at the stats for some on the top of that list.  Many will have finds in some of the countries in questions and you can see which maps are used for each of them.  Apparently many of the countries I thought would be considered part of Asia are included on the Europe list.  

I just looked at my stats page on project-gc and it indicates that I have 16/54 countries found in Europe.  It also counts all of the Central American and Caribbean countries as North America (42 countries),  53 countries in Africa, 54 in Asia, and 22 countries in Oceania.  

I'm on 14 countries at the moment (my wife doesn't fly, so they're all in Europe), but 8 of those were added in one fortnight's holiday last year - a cruise down the Danube gave me Germany, Austria, Hungary, Romania, Bulgaria, Serbia, Croatia and Slovakia. On top of country collecting, I am also working away at the counties of the UK (37 so far), and the departments of France (40 so far). I suspect I'll never fill the maps with green, but it gives an extra incentive when planning a trip.

4 hours ago, ErewashPaddler said:

I'm on 14 countries at the moment (my wife doesn't fly, so they're all in Europe), but 8 of those were added in one fortnight's holiday last year - a cruise down the Danube gave me Germany, Austria, Hungary, Romania, Bulgaria, Serbia, Croatia and Slovakia. On top of country collecting, I am also working away at the counties of the UK (37 so far), and the departments of France (40 so far). I suspect I'll never fill the maps with green, but it gives an extra incentive when planning a trip.

I am curious about the Danube river cruise.  Although I've found some in Germany (on three different visits) and have 16 European countries (and I don't live in Europe), I don't have any in Eastern Europe.  It looks like that cruise visits 7 European countries I have not visited.

Although there are a lot of cruises in the Caribbean, unless one takes one lasting more than a week, about the best you can expect is hitting 3, maybe 4 countries.

On 1/18/2019 at 1:59 PM, IceColdUK said:
On 1/17/2019 at 11:35 PM, Blue Square Thing said:

The Channel Islands are separate ‘countries’ too: Jersey and Guernsey (which includes Alderney, Sark and Herm).

Indeed.  Gibraltar, Isle of Man, Jersey, and Guernsey are all listed as countries.  (Not in Europe, but similar: Falkland Islands, Bermuda, and British Virgin Islands.)

Other self-governing territories in Europe that are listed as countries include Åland (Finnish islands in the Baltic), Svalbard and Jan Mayen, Faroe Islands, and Greenland.

Not all extraterritorial possessions are the same, though.  While Gibraltar is separate from the UK, Ceuta is still Spain, as are the Canary Islands.

When in doubt, check the old search page - the "by Country" drop-down menu has the full list of what counts as a separate "country" for geocaching purposes.

6 minutes ago, hzoi said:

Indeed.  Gibraltar, Isle of Man, Jersey, and Guernsey are all listed as countries.  (Not in Europe, but similar: Falkland Islands, Bermuda, and British Virgin Islands.)

Other self-governing territories in Europe that are listed as countries include Åland (Finnish islands in the Baltic), Svalbard and Jan Mayen, Faroe Islands, and Greenland.

Not all extraterritorial possessions are the same, though.  While Gibraltar is separate from the UK, Ceuta is still Spain, as are the Canary Islands.

When in doubt, check the old search page - the "by Country" drop-down menu has the full list of what counts as a separate "country" for geocaching purposes.

The pocket query page can be used for that as well.  The countries are in a select list.  Here is the complete list with the option elements showing the country ID:

<option value="12">Afghanistan</option>
			<option value="272">Aland Islands</option>
			<option value="244">Albania</option>
			<option value="14">Algeria</option>
			<option value="245">American Samoa</option>
			<option value="16">Andorra</option>
			<option value="17">Angola</option>
			<option value="246">Anguilla</option>
			<option value="18">Antarctica</option>
			<option value="13">Antigua and Barbuda</option>
			<option value="19">Argentina</option>
			<option value="15">Armenia</option>
			<option value="20">Aruba</option>
			<option value="3">Australia</option>
			<option value="227">Austria</option>
			<option value="21">Azerbaijan</option>
			<option value="23">Bahamas</option>
			<option value="29">Bahrain</option>
			<option value="24">Bangladesh</option>
			<option value="25">Barbados</option>
			<option value="40">Belarus</option>
			<option value="4">Belgium</option>
			<option value="31">Belize</option>
			<option value="26">Benin</option>
			<option value="27">Bermuda</option>
			<option value="30">Bhutan</option>
			<option value="32">Bolivia</option>
			<option value="279">Bonaire, Sint Eustatius and Saba</option>
			<option value="234">Bosnia and Herzegovina</option>
			<option value="33">Botswana</option>
			<option value="247">Bouvet Island</option>
			<option value="34">Brazil</option>
			<option value="248">British Indian Ocean Territory</option>
			<option value="39">British Virgin Islands</option>
			<option value="36">Brunei</option>
			<option value="37">Bulgaria</option>
			<option value="216">Burkina Faso</option>
			<option value="35">Burundi</option>
			<option value="239">Cabo Verde</option>
			<option value="42">Cambodia</option>
			<option value="43">Cameroon</option>
			<option value="5">Canada</option>
			<option value="44">Cayman Islands</option>
			<option value="46">Central African Republic</option>
			<option value="249">Chad</option>
			<option value="6">Chile</option>
			<option value="47">China</option>
			<option value="250">Christmas Island</option>
			<option value="251">Cocos (Keeling) Islands</option>
			<option value="49">Colombia</option>
			<option value="50">Comoros</option>
			<option value="51">Congo</option>
			<option value="48">Cook Islands</option>
			<option value="52">Costa Rica</option>
			<option value="100">Côte d&#39;Ivoire</option>
			<option value="53">Croatia</option>
			<option value="238">Cuba</option>
			<option value="54">Curaçao</option>
			<option value="55">Cyprus</option>
			<option value="56">Czechia</option>
			<option value="257">Democratic Republic of the Congo</option>
			<option value="57">Denmark</option>
			<option value="58">Djibouti</option>
			<option value="59">Dominica</option>
			<option value="60">Dominican Republic</option>
			<option value="61">Ecuador</option>
			<option value="63">Egypt</option>
			<option value="64">El Salvador</option>
			<option value="62">Equatorial Guinea</option>
			<option value="65">Eritrea</option>
			<option value="66">Estonia</option>
			<option value="67">Ethiopia</option>
			<option value="69">Falkland Islands</option>
			<option value="68">Faroe Islands</option>
			<option value="71">Fiji</option>
			<option value="72">Finland</option>
			<option value="73">France</option>
			<option value="70">French Guiana</option>
			<option value="74">French Polynesia</option>
			<option value="253">French Southern and Antarctic Territories</option>
			<option value="75">Gabon</option>
			<option value="76">Gambia</option>
			<option value="78">Georgia</option>
			<option value="79">Germany</option>
			<option value="254">Ghana</option>
			<option value="80">Gibraltar</option>
			<option value="82">Greece</option>
			<option value="83">Greenland</option>
			<option value="81">Grenada</option>
			<option value="77">Guadeloupe</option>
			<option value="229">Guam</option>
			<option value="84">Guatemala</option>
			<option value="86">Guernsey</option>
			<option value="255">Guinea</option>
			<option value="85">Guinea-Bissau</option>
			<option value="87">Guyana</option>
			<option value="89">Haiti</option>
			<option value="256">Heard Island and McDonald Islands</option>
			<option value="90">Honduras</option>
			<option value="91">Hong Kong</option>
			<option value="92">Hungary</option>
			<option value="93">Iceland</option>
			<option value="94">India</option>
			<option value="95">Indonesia</option>
			<option value="96">Iran</option>
			<option value="97">Iraq</option>
			<option value="7">Ireland</option>
			<option value="243">Isle of Man</option>
			<option value="98">Israel</option>
			<option value="99">Italy</option>
			<option value="101">Jamaica</option>
			<option value="104">Japan</option>
			<option value="102">Jersey</option>
			<option value="103">Jordan</option>
			<option value="106">Kazakhstan</option>
			<option value="107">Kenya</option>
			<option value="109">Kiribati</option>
			<option value="241">Kuwait</option>
			<option value="108">Kyrgyzstan</option>
			<option value="110">Laos</option>
			<option value="111">Latvia</option>
			<option value="113">Lebanon</option>
			<option value="114">Lesotho</option>
			<option value="115">Liberia</option>
			<option value="112">Libya</option>
			<option value="116">Liechtenstein</option>
			<option value="117">Lithuania</option>
			<option value="8">Luxembourg</option>
			<option value="258">Macao</option>
			<option value="125">Macedonia</option>
			<option value="119">Madagascar</option>
			<option value="129">Malawi</option>
			<option value="121">Malaysia</option>
			<option value="124">Maldives</option>
			<option value="127">Mali</option>
			<option value="128">Malta</option>
			<option value="240">Marshall Islands</option>
			<option value="122">Martinique</option>
			<option value="123">Mauritania</option>
			<option value="134">Mauritius</option>
			<option value="259">Mayotte</option>
			<option value="228">Mexico</option>
			<option value="242">Micronesia</option>
			<option value="237">Moldova</option>
			<option value="130">Monaco</option>
			<option value="131">Mongolia</option>
			<option value="274">Montenegro</option>
			<option value="135">Montserrat</option>
			<option value="132">Morocco</option>
			<option value="133">Mozambique</option>
			<option value="136">Myanmar</option>
			<option value="137">Namibia</option>
			<option value="138">Nauru</option>
			<option value="140">Nepal</option>
			<option value="141">Netherlands</option>
			<option value="148">Netherlands Antilles</option>
			<option value="41">New Caledonia</option>
			<option value="9">New Zealand</option>
			<option value="144">Nicaragua</option>
			<option value="143">Niger</option>
			<option value="145">Nigeria</option>
			<option value="149">Niue</option>
			<option value="260">Norfolk Island</option>
			<option value="146">North Korea</option>
			<option value="236">Northern Mariana Islands</option>
			<option value="147">Norway</option>
			<option value="150">Oman</option>
			<option value="151">Pakistan</option>
			<option value="261">Palau</option>
			<option value="276">Palestine</option>
			<option value="152">Panama</option>
			<option value="156">Papua New Guinea</option>
			<option value="262">Paraguay</option>
			<option value="153">Peru</option>
			<option value="154">Philippines</option>
			<option value="155">Pitcairn</option>
			<option value="158">Poland</option>
			<option value="159">Portugal</option>
			<option value="226">Puerto Rico</option>
			<option value="160">Qatar</option>
			<option value="161">Réunion</option>
			<option value="162">Romania</option>
			<option value="163">Russia</option>
			<option value="164">Rwanda</option>
			<option value="169">Saint Barthélemy</option>
			<option value="171">Saint Helena</option>
			<option value="264">Saint Kitts and Nevis</option>
			<option value="173">Saint Lucia</option>
			<option value="174">Saint Martin</option>
			<option value="175">Saint Pierre and Miquelon</option>
			<option value="177">Saint Vincent and the Grenadines</option>
			<option value="217">Samoa</option>
			<option value="183">San Marino</option>
			<option value="176">Sao Tome and Principe</option>
			<option value="280">Sark</option>
			<option value="166">Saudi Arabia</option>
			<option value="167">Senegal</option>
			<option value="222">Serbia</option>
			<option value="168">Seychelles</option>
			<option value="178">Sierra Leone</option>
			<option value="179">Singapore</option>
			<option value="281">Sint Maarten</option>
			<option value="182">Slovakia</option>
			<option value="181">Slovenia</option>
			<option value="184">Solomon Islands</option>
			<option value="185">Somalia</option>
			<option value="165">South Africa</option>
			<option value="267">South Georgia and the South Sandwich Islands</option>
			<option value="180">South Korea</option>
			<option value="278">South Sudan</option>
			<option value="186">Spain</option>
			<option value="187">Sri Lanka</option>
			<option value="188">Sudan</option>
			<option value="189">Suriname</option>
			<option value="268">Svalbard and Jan Mayen Islands</option>
			<option value="190">Swaziland</option>
			<option value="10">Sweden</option>
			<option value="192">Switzerland</option>
			<option value="193">Syria</option>
			<option value="194">Taiwan</option>
			<option value="195">Tajikistan</option>
			<option value="196">Tanzania</option>
			<option value="198">Thailand</option>
			<option value="252">Timor-Leste</option>
			<option value="200">Togo</option>
			<option value="269">Tokelau</option>
			<option value="201">Tonga</option>
			<option value="202">Trinidad and Tobago</option>
			<option value="203">Tunisia</option>
			<option value="204">Turkey</option>
			<option value="199">Turkmenistan</option>
			<option value="197">Turks and Caicos Islands</option>
			<option value="205">Tuvalu</option>
			<option value="208">Uganda</option>
			<option value="207">Ukraine</option>
			<option value="206">United Arab Emirates</option>
			<option value="11">United Kingdom</option>
			<option value="210">Uruguay</option>
			<option value="270">US Minor Outlying Islands</option>
			<option value="235">US Virgin Islands</option>
			<option value="211">Uzbekistan</option>
			<option value="212">Vanuatu</option>
			<option value="213">Vatican City State</option>
			<option value="214">Venezuela</option>
			<option value="215">Vietnam</option>
			<option value="218">Wallis and Futuna Islands</option>
			<option value="271">Western Sahara</option>
			<option value="220">Yemen</option>
			<option value="224">Zambia</option>
			<option value="225">Zimbabwe</option>

• Helpful 1
29 minutes ago, DerDiedler said:

Unfortunally I am having hard times to add more countries in the moment.

Luxembourg is a straight shot west on the A8 for you, if you have a free weekend coming up.  I just passed through again this weekend on my way to GC40 and back.

1 minute ago, hzoi said:

Luxembourg is a straight shot west on the A8 for you, if you have a free weekend coming up.  I just passed through again this weekend on my way to GC40 and back.

Yes, you´re right. But it seems not much appealing to me to waste at least half a day on the road to find a random cache. And so far I haven´t found a good enough reason to visit Luxemburg. Any suggestions? :)

Just now, DerDiedler said:
4 minutes ago, hzoi said:

Yes, you´re right. But it seems not much appealing to me to waste at least half a day on the road to find a random cache. And so far I haven´t found a good enough reason to visit Luxemburg. Any suggestions? :)

Absolutely.  This time around I was concentrating more on northern France and southern Belgium, so I only stopped through to nab a virtual (and now I finally have four countries cached in a day, up from three).  But I've visited several times before and been quite happy.  (Luxembourg is a slightly shorter trip from the Rhein-Main area than it is from Staugart.)

Luxembourg City is nice, the old town and the old fortifications that used to be known as the "Gibraltar of the north" are worth a visit.  Outside of town, the "Little Switzerland" area around Echternacht is gorgeous in the spring.

Speaking of spring - the Keukenhof gardens are always a good excuse to visit the Netherlands, but especially so at the height of tulip season.