Geocaching Trading Cards

GeoLobo

I only have one collector card, but I find it very interesting. It's part of geocaching history, and is very nice in detail. http://www.geocaching.com/track/details.aspx?guid=0266afaa-b1af-4926-a57d-af34f21bf119

I am interested in a personal geocaching card of my own to leave in geocaches as a sig item. I have seen others that look like business cards, but I'm more interested in the quality, detail, and copyright issues. :ph34r:

I would not be so enjoyed to find an advertisement of a book in a cache. That is not useful swag. Now, if you left the book.

GeoLobo, how do you keep trading cards from getting mangled in the cache? People rifle through caches so egregiously that cards surely get destroyed.

Edited by fbingha

GeoLobo, how do you keep trading cards from getting mangled in the cache? People rifle through caches so egregiously that cards surely get destroyed.

I do leave non-geocache related trading cards in geocaches for kids. I put them in the log book. I'm sure that we have all seen the "Hot Wheels" cars before, and there was a series of collector cards printed in Spanish and that was the target market. I enjoy custom vehicles, and worked for Cartamundi at the time. Many cards had flaws and were tossed into a recycle bin, and I ended up with a few.

My daughter also reminded me that we do have more geocaching collector cards, they were part of the Virginia State Parks wildlife series. Our Park system has it's own geocaching program. :)

If people don't want my trading card (if they beat it up inside the container), it may not matter what its condition is.

I've left cards inside cache log books as mentioned, and once placed a card in a bird house cache, within the bird house not in the jar container. My placed cards are in card-sized ziplock bags. They are subject to Cache Smash, but if you want a pristine card, get it before it's smashed, or trade up to a nicer one later.