New Geocaches

deanbear36

The best tip i can give is to read over the geocaching guidelines and get plenty of experience finding other caches before attempting to hide one of your own. Whenever a geocaching event is put on in your area try and attend and introduce yourself as a fairly new cacher . It can be tough having to learn the ins and outs of geocaching without contact from other geocachers who have experience and are usually more than willing to share their knowledge with you.

I just cannot emphasize enough that all cachers need to read the guidelines/help center articles before hiding a cache. Then they need to go back and read them again. The final thing to do is to go back and really read and understand them. Make certain your proposed hide fits nicely into all of them and you should have no trouble getting it published.

After reading the guidelines, if you have any questions about a cache placement, or if you have an idea that you are unsure of, just drop a message to your reviewer. I have a cache in the works now that woul dhave been a pain to dela with had I not contacted my reviewer first. But having done so has cleared up all my questions and getting it published should be a breeze for both of us. Just remember, the reviewers are not the enemy. They will help you all they can to get your cache out there.