Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Steak N Eggs

Anyone want to make a contact on HF?

I am on the Sandia Net on 7.294 most nights. They have a trivia net every night at 7pm Pacific. It is an open net to anyone out on the freq. Throw the suffix of your call and net control will let you speak. Ask them to make a contact with KF6VFH and they will let you have the freq to make your call. See you on the air.

KF6VFH

Eric

"My gps say's it RIGHT HERE".

http://www.geogadgets.com

I've got a brand new extra ticket and a brand new rig (but a crappy mobile antenna) so I'll give it a try the next night I'm free at the right time.

Marty Fouts

ae6ip

quote:
Originally posted by Steak N Eggs:

I am on the Sandia Net on 7.294 most nights.

Sorry, the 40M band in the UK, and most of Europe, only goes from 7.000 MHz to 7.100MHz.

How about 5.280MHz? Oops, you don't have that, do you? ;-)

--... ...--

Morseman

quote:

But it might happen soon I think. 60 meters?

We just got a new IRLP node put in our town. Node number 826. We still have a few bugs to work out but it seems to work ok. KF6VFH is my call.

We have a few 'spot' frequencies on 60M. Transmissions have to be kept within 3kHz of the spot frequency. Off the top of my head, they are 5.260MHz, 5.280MHz, 5.290MHz, 5.400MHz and 5.504MHz. Called the "Foxtrot" channels (as described by the military Primary user) FE is 5.400MHz and is the nominal 'calling' frequency.

The rest are something like:-

FA = 5.260MHz

FB = 5.280MHz

FC = 5.290MHz

FE = 5.400MHz

FM = 5.405MHz

My local 70cm repeater (GB3EE) in Chesterfield is linked to IRLP, as is the one in Sheffield (GB3US). Not sure what the node numbers are, but I'll try a link to yours on the way home. We also have eQSO links on various 2M and 70cm frequencies, but I've not looked on those yet.

You could also do a FindU search for G0DJA-7 (TH-D7E and GPS in the car) or G0DJA from home. :-)

As I drive 75 miles each morning and evening, you may well see me on the M1 Motorway.

--... ...--

Morseman

--... ...--

Morseman

What would be a good time to call? I tried on node 515 but it was like 3am your time. NO ONE CAME BACK. 434.600 -1600 offset with a pl of 103.5 is the one in Sheffield.

GB3EE is also in Sheffield but according to the www.irlp.com that particular node is down.

I'll try you on the 515 again and you can try me on the 826. Later Dave....

quote:

I am on the Sandia Net on 7.294 most nights. See you on the air.

KF6VFH

Eric

Hey Eric....

I have looked at your post a few times.... By Sandia, I assume it must be another Sandia, because we have a Sandia Peak a few miles north of here, near Albuquerque, NM. In fact, the Sandia National Lab is up there. I have thought of it, and didn't know NM had a Sandia net. So it must be something different.

Also, 7pm Pacific time is still too early for me. I don't even get in the house till that time. But maybe some day I will get the chance.

Do you do any operating on AO-40? Which grid are you in?

Mike.

Mike. KD9KC.

El Paso, Texas.

Citizens of this land may own guns. Not to threaten their neighbors, but to ensure themselves of liberty and freedom.

They are not assault weapons anymore... they are HOMELAND DEFENSE WEAPONS!

I would LOVE to operater OSCAR. I have in the works getting a dual band HT just for that purpose but plans have changed for a short (money reasons). I do plan on getting (next year tax return) an all mode/all band satalite rig so I can aork a few birds. AO-40 would be one of them. There have only been a few Hams that have worked sats around here but have not done it for a few years. Lets get together voice or by e-mail and talk about it. Any info would be help full....

kf6vfh@hotmail.com

quote:

I'll try you on the 515 again and you can try me on the 826. Later Dave....

I've called through 826 on several occasions, but I guess it's been 3 am over there at the time. HI!

The IRLP link on GB3EE is working again, the node number is 512. The list that says it's in Sheffield is wrong, I think that is because the person who put the IRLP link on lives in Sheffield, and the information got confused with where the repeater is located!

GB3EE is in Chesterfield, Derbyshire and covers the area around that town.

BTW my callsign is G0DJA and I use IRLP nodes as follows:-

GB3EE = 512

GB3US = 515

G4NJI = 520

I also log onto the various reflectors like 920, 970, 930 etc.

I also listen to the eQSO nodes as I pass within range. Near here is G7TRJ (Coventry) on 430.025MHz and there are nodes in Birmingham and Nottingham on 145.3375MHz. Most of the UK eQSO nodes are linked to the 101ENGLISH chatroom.

I guess I need to work out when someone is likely to be active on 826 and try to call in at that time. ;-)

--... ...--

Morseman

I dont see much activity in this part of the forums so I do not check it too often. I am going to try like hell to get a contact in the next couple of days. Sat night thru Tues... Hopfully I can get ahold of you. Check ya later....

http://www.w6hy.org

KF6VFH

TOYOTA To Often Yuppies Overprice This Auto

Greetings to all .. I've been Lurking on the geocaching site for a while, and finally updated my profile ..

I'm active on HF:

SSB - voice

PACTOR

GTOR

RTTY

I'm in Silicon Valley, but actually live on

Mount Hamilton -- about 430 feet MSL ..

great spot for VHF/UHF ..

I have a packet PBBS on 24/7

callsign = wa6ube

freq = 145.05 (unless I'm checking mail on

144.97) ...

I just ordered some geocaching stuff, in order

to create a cache in Silicon Valley ..

would also like to arrange a gps-based picnic

in the South bay -- coordinates to follow a little

later ..

Trish ..

quote:
Originally posted by wa6ube:

Greetings to all .. I've been Lurking on the geocaching site for a while, and finally updated my profile ..

I'm active on HF:

SSB - voice

PACTOR

GTOR

RTTY

I'm in Silicon Valley, but actually live on

Mount Hamilton -- about 430 feet MSL ..

great spot for VHF/UHF ..

I have a packet PBBS on 24/7

callsign = wa6ube

freq = 145.05 (unless I'm checking mail on

144.97) ...

I just ordered some geocaching stuff, in order

to create a cache in Silicon Valley ..

would also like to arrange a gps-based picnic

in the South bay -- coordinates to follow a little

later ..

Trish ..

Hi Trish,

Welcome to geocaching.

If you want to set up a picnic in the valley, you might consider making it an event cache. That's one of the easiest ways to let other geocachers know about it.

Also, if you haven't found us yet, we've got a couple of active threads going in the south and southwest forums where you'd be greatly welcome.

73s

Marty Fouts

ae6ip

I'm still trying that IRLP node, and still no one seems to be about. ;-)

Maybe when I'm unemployed at the end of the month, I'll get more time to try? ;-)

--... ...--

Morseman

quote:

What time (zulu) were you trying?

We'll get there.....

It's difficult to give an exact time, as it depends upon the problems of the journey home.

Usually about 19:00 UTC (or Zulu, if you prefer. HI)

We could try eQSO as an alternative. There are several 'nodes' on my way home. These are normally connected to chatroom ENGLISH101 (or is it 101ENGLISH?)

The website is something like www.eqso.com or www.eqso.co.uk

--... ...--

Morseman

quote:

What time (zulu) were you trying?

We'll get there.....

http://www.w6hy.org

KF6VFH

TOYOTA To Often Yuppies Overprice This Auto

---------------

2000Zulu = 12 Noon Pacific Time

2200Zulu = 2PM Pacific Time

Trish

In God we trust .. all others, we monitor.