Pocket Query Info Grayed Out

julie330

For the last few days, when I open a pocket query on my IPhone 4, the "description,""recent logs,""hint,""attributes" and "inventory" fields are each grayed out. All other fields are accessible. I am saving as a .gpx file (not .loc). I have made many pocket queries successfully in the past and wonder what has changed. Can anyone help me solve this frustrating problem? Thanks.

I can't really help, but just to clarify can we assume you mean a particular cache (or one of many) uploaded to your phone via a PQ?

EVERY cache in the pocket query is affected.

That's what I meant.

Can you trace this back to any seemingly unrelated changes that may have affected the transfer if data to your device.

Software/firmware updates and such?

I can't really help, but just to clarify can we assume you mean a particular cache (or one of many) uploaded to your phone via a PQ?

The only change I notice is that when I create a pocket query and "submit information" the map comes up as usual but there is no longer a direct link to the pocket query. Now there is a copy/paste link there. I don't know if this has anything to do with my problem. Thanks for you help.

... the map comes up as usual but there is no longer a direct link to the pocket query. Now there is a copy/paste link there....

Now you've lost me.

When I create a PQ, the map never 'comes up as usual'.

Would it be stupid of me to ask if you are actually running these PQs, and not just pre-viewing them?

Hmmm, I guess that should result in nothing to download, rather than a partial download...

Anyone else?

The only change I notice is that when I create a pocket query and "submit information" the map comes up as usual but there is no longer a direct link to the pocket query. Now there is a copy/paste link there. I don't know if this has anything to do with my problem. Thanks for you help.

Yes, I've run many pocket queries successfully up to this point.

Are you doing a standard PQ or one that is along a route?

It might help if you tell us step by step the actions you are taking and at what point you are encountering a problem.

Here is the process I use to make my pocket query:

Geocaching.com

Your Profile drop down

Pocket Queries

Your Pocket Queries

Find Caches Along a Route

Create New Route

(Enter Route Name Page)

Create Route

(Create/Edit a Route Page, put pointers on map)

Save Route Changes, OK

(Create/Edit Route Page)

Create Pocket Query of Route

(User Route Pocket Query Page, check boxes)

Submit Information

(User Route Pocket Query Page) map is shown and then copy/paste link to pocket query results, and like I said, this is usually a direct link to the pocket query.

Then, I go to the Iphone 4.

On the front page, Pocket Queries

Click name of query

Save For Offline Use

Close

Go to Saved, click on Name of Query

Open any cache name. THIS is where I encounter the grayed out fields.

Hope this will help.

Edited by julie330

Click name of query

Save For Offline Use

Close

I just tried it myself, and I didn't encounter any greyed out fields. However, based on the above quoted portion, it sounds like you aren't using the latest version of the app. The procedure for saving a PQ for offline use has changed, so maybe there have also been some behind-the-scenes changes that mean the older versions of the app won't play nice anymore.

Here is the process I use to make my pocket query:

Geocaching.com

Your Profile drop down

Pocket Queries

Your Pocket Queries

Find Caches Along a Route

Create New Route

(Enter Route Name Page)

Create Route

(Create/Edit a Route Page, put pointers on map)

Save Route Changes, OK

(Create/Edit Route Page)

Create Pocket Query of Route

(User Route Pocket Query Page, check boxes)

Submit Information

(User Route Pocket Query Page) map is shown and then copy/paste link to pocket query results, and like I said, this is usually a direct link to the pocket query.

Click name of query

Save For Offline Use

Close

Go to Saved, click on Name of Query

Open any cache name. THIS is where I encounter the grayed out fields.

Hope this will help.

Wow, that was it! I was not using the latest version of the IPhone Geocaching App! Everything works like a charm. Thanks so much to all of you who helped me work this out.