How do I find the opposite side of Earth?

wildniagara

I just started goe-caching and was given a gift of a travel bug dog tag from new friend bushshaun. I would like to know how to pinpoint the exact opposite side of Earth so I can mail this tag to a fellow geocaching member to place in a nearby cache and watch it on it's travel back to my debut cache just enabled this morning. I have the formula for finding the area of a sphere but I'm not exactly sure how to use Lat Longs to find this position and search for a cache. Anyone know how?

Thanks in advance

WildNiagara (Dan)

I just started goe-caching and was given a gift of a travel bug dog tag from new friend bushshaun. I would like to know how to pinpoint the exact opposite side of Earth so I can mail this tag to a fellow geocaching member to place in a nearby cache and watch it on it's travel back to my debut cache just enabled this morning. I have the formula for finding the area of a sphere but I'm not exactly sure how to use Lat Longs to find this position and search for a cache. Anyone know how?

Thanks in advance

WildNiagara (Dan)

Latitude: flip sign (N becomes S or S becomes N).

Longitude: add (or subtract) 180°.