Add Comments on Posted Logs

usatxmom

I would like to be able to add comments to the posted logs on my cache or TB page. Occassionally, a member will write a really descriptive fun post and I would like an easy way to reply to it other than going to their profile page and hitting the Send Message link.

Sorry if this has been covered, but I searched for it and didn't see a thread on it. If there is one, let me know. Thanks. :unsure:

I would like to be able to add comments to the posted logs on my cache or TB page. Occassionally, a member will write a really descriptive fun post and I would like an easy way to reply to it other than going to their profile page and hitting the Send Message link.

Sorry if this has been covered, but I searched for it and didn't see a thread on it. If there is one, let me know. Thanks. :unsure:

...So you want this site to be more like Facebook? NO.

You can select the "Write Note" option but chances are the cacher that you are directing the note to won't get the message. They would only see it if they are watching that cache or receive notices for that cache due to an area notification.

Personally, I do wish there was more community aspects around the cache pages. I am sure I am in the minority with this, as most probably don't revisit a cache page once they've found it.

Not sure why you would want to do that.

The cache logs section of a cache page is about people finding the cache, not about how you felt about their log that was posted when they found the cache.

When a clever log is posted, enjoy it and move on. I know my log was clever.

Not sure why you would want to do that.

The cache logs section of a cache page is about people finding the cache, not about how you felt about their log that was posted when they found the cache.

When a clever log is posted, enjoy it and move on. I know my log was clever.

Either step is quick & easy - posting the note or sending the email. Or both. Use the note if there's some general interest in what you're saying, and it directly relates to the experience of the specific cache.

Now that I think about it, I would really hate having to wade through comments on posts while I'm out geocaching and only looking for descriptions, hints and if the cache is worth going for. If there was a "like" button, I think that would work. Or, a way to make a comment that would not show up on the app. However, I doubt that would ever happen and I think just emailing someone is the best way to respond.

When I post a longer description of a particular adventure, I'm usually doing it for the CO as a way of thanking him/her for putting out a fun cache. I don't really expect or need a comment back.

So, I've answered my own comment and I'm good with the way it is. I certainly don't want it to be like Facebook (shudder). :blink: