Have you ever visited a haunted geocache site?

Kennon136

We have two haunted caches that I've been to.

The first is in a cemetery. The ghost must be active and hiding the cache from me because I haven't been able to locate the cache. Other than that, no activity.

The other one is a haunted railway. Someone put up a memorial so maybe that has the ghost mollified as no activity there either. Only thing I was worried about showing up was a snake in the rock pile I had to dig into to get the cache.

I was caching in a park and I kept getting a creepy feeling while I was there. Near the entrance where there is a big ravine with a small creek. I did not feel in any danger or anything just very on edge and unsettled. I told my Dad about my experiance and he said that a body of a girl was found there in the 90's. I did a little research on it and this came up. http://www.seattlepi.com/local/article/Murder-conviction-upheld-in-teen-s-death-1149511.php

Not sure if it was a coincidence or a bad vibe but either way it is creepy.

Not too long ago, my dad and I went after a cache in a nearby cemetery in the dead of winter. When we got out of the car and started after the cache, my GPS started to go absolutely crazy and made this horrible buzzing noise until I was forced to remove the batteries. Figuring it might be broken, I went back to the car to get my smart phone (which has the geocaching app) and let dad continue in the direction we were headed in to see if he could find the cache. While I was digging through the car, I remember hearing footsteps and turned back expecting to find my dad. Nothing...

Went back to digging and heard it again, like heavy boots traipsing through the snow, and again there was nothing when I turned back. Lucky for me, dad found the cache and we didn't have to stick around. The cemetery is beautiful, but I suspect not everyone there is sleeping peacefully.

Of course, "orbs" are just out of focus objects, like dust or bugs, so this is not a photo of thousands of undead, vengeful Sumerians.

"orbs" are so easily explained, yet there are so many people out there who believe they're taking pictures of, well, orbs. Knuckleheads.

On the other hand, that photo linked to on by MudFrog the same day hzoi posted this, sure as heck looks like a ghost to me!

Of course, "orbs" are just out of focus objects, like dust or bugs, so this is not a photo of thousands of undead, vengeful Sumerians.

"orbs" are so easily explained, yet there are so many people out there who believe they're taking pictures of, well, orbs. Knuckleheads.

On the other hand, that photo linked to on by MudFrog the same day hzoi posted this, sure as heck looks like a ghost to me!

That does look pretty interesting.

Pretty sure it's the same glob of graffiti that's on the middle column in this photo, but...who knows, maybe not.

Most of my caches (so far) are in abandoned or sorely neglected cemeteries that have headstones that date back to the late 1700's. Only one cache gave me the heebie jeebies- my first cache actually- called Bethel Boo. The cemetery has a parking lot & medical facility right next to it, yet a lot of people have no idea this place is here. It was overgrown for years, but recently recovery efforts have begun and it's completely visible now- not a backwoods, in the dark shadowy cemetery at all. After I made the hide, I was sitting in my truck facing the cemetery, writing notes and coordinates and out of the corner of my eye I kept seeing dark shadows moving past in the side mirrors. I'd stop writing, whip my head around and...nothing. This happened 3 times before I skedaddled out of there. The parking lot was empty that day so I can't blame it on passing muggles. There is a feral cat colony in the area but I didn't see any of them that day. It could have been a cat..maybe a super fast sprinter that for reasons unknown was running laps around my truck but I don't think so. I keep hoping someone will mention something like that in the logs but nothing yet.

Edited by SpookyDame

Yes, I am firmly convinced I visited a haunted geocache site. Also, another person had a similar experience at the site.

I went to the site. A beautiful, old church. I walked all the way around the church looking for a cache. When I was at the site where my GPS was showing the cache, I got on my hands and knees. The church was on pillars and it was easy to get under the church. I actually crawled under the building a little, despite it not having that high of a difficulty rating.

I continued looking all around in this one place. Got up. Walked around the church one last time, and when I was just leaving, I glanced down at the place where I had looked thoroughly and there it was. It was like it had just been placed there after I had looked.

I cautiously signed the log and got out of there. I had a very eerie feeling, like I was being watched. I won't be going back.

https://www.geocaching.com/geocache/GC5R2WH_2015-aff-selma-methodist-church

Yes, I am firmly convinced I visited a haunted geocache site. Also, another person had a similar experience at the site.

I went to the site. A beautiful, old church. I walked all the way around the church looking for a cache. When I was at the site where my GPS was showing the cache, I got on my hands and knees. The church was on pillars and it was easy to get under the church. I actually crawled under the building a little, despite it not having that high of a difficulty rating.

I continued looking all around in this one place. Got up. Walked around the church one last time, and when I was just leaving, I glanced down at the place where I had looked thoroughly and there it was. It was like it had just been placed there after I had looked.

I cautiously signed the log and got out of there. I had a very eerie feeling, like I was being watched. I won't be going back.

https://www.geocaching.com/geocache/GC5R2WH_2015-aff-selma-methodist-church

Oh thats creepy as all get out!!! I looked at that church in google maps ( creepy there too) and all the wide open spaces begging caches. It's so saturated around my area..hard to find good spots. Heres the interment list for that cemetery if you're interested- http://findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gsr&GScid=56193 Maybe a child's ghost was pranking you!