Thoughts on Resurrecting a Category

MountainWoods

There is a category that I really enjoy, but which appears completely dormant. The category description does not say that it has been discontinued or that new posts are not allowed. There is just no activity by the officers. Is there a way to resurrect the category? Polite emails to the officers don't elicit any response at all.

I submitted a waymark for the category nearly 2 months ago. There was never any response to the submission or the polite emails. It looks like the officers haven't even signed into Waymarking.com for some time - one of them for over 2 months, one for over 6 months, and one for over 2.5 years!

So what are your thoughts. Is the category a goner? I'd hate to think that that is the answer, since I'm sure it wouldn't make sense to try to start up a new category that's similar, to make up for the deficit.

Thanks.

Edited by MountainWoods

Will do. I noticed that it's in a different forum location than these forums. I hadn't noticed until yesterday on the home page of Waymarking.com a news item from a year ago about changing the location of Waymarking forums. I hope that the old portal location is still checked.

Thanks for the information. I'll give it a try.

EDIT: It looks like the latest post in that forum is from over a year ago. Is that really the right place??

EDIT Again: I cannot login to that forum. Oh well. It was worth a try!

Edited by MountainWoods

US National Wildlife Refuges -- I saw a red note about the category being placed on probation and dropped to the lowest popularity if they don't find more officers (they have 2). The note said the category was locked and inaccessible until a 3rd offficer is lined up. Leader has not been on in months, the other officer not on since February.

I have a WM in there I will write CheckMark about -- just FYI in case anyone else is waiting for approvals in this category.