Geocaching.com and app feature suggestions

ipodmusicman

Hi folks,

I thought I'd put down some of my geocaching.com and app feature suggestions.

1. User Defined Waypoints. Bring the ability to add user defined waypoints to a cache page. We have this on the app, now bring it onto the website. This is useful when solving a multi-cache, unknown cache as well as adding waypoints when the cache owner did not add waypoints to the listing, but put the co-ords in the description.

Allow these user defined waypoints to be downloaded to the app when a cache is retrieved via "Find Nearest Geocaches", "Advanced Search" and "Pocket Queries". On the app, when adding new waypoints or modifying existing, sync these waypoints with my Geocaching.com account for the current cache listing. That will allow me to see my user defined waypoints on Geocaching.com that I added via the app or added via the website. Of course, these waypoints cannot be seen by other members though.

Added feature onto this is to allow me to share my waypoints with other members for the same cache page. :)

2. Corrected co-ords are applied when you "Find Nearby Geocaches" as well as "Advanced Search" on the app. This would mean that corrected co-ords can be downloaded to the app with the cache listing, edited and saved back to Geocaching.com

3. For iOS, open Apple Maps / Google Maps app via Geocaching app so that I can do turn-by-turn navigation.

4. For the mobile apps, sync the "Personal Cache Note" to/from the app and Geocaching.com. This would mean that the Personal Cache note can be downloaded with the cache listing to the app, edited and saved back to Geocaching.com.

5. Allow me to set the status of the cache for my own purposes. I want to set the status of a cache for which I have solved the puzzle / multi-cache for instance. i.e. allow the member to set a status to the cache so that when I view it on Geocaching.com or the app, I can see if I have solved the puzzle / multi-cache, etc. I generally cannot recall if I have solved a puzzle or not.

That's it from me.

I know this may be crazy, but I would like the hint to be unencrypted in the app so that I can decode it by hand. Maybe it could be a setting or a toggle option. I have always done it that way in my paper-full days, and wish I could do it now.

edit for clarity.

Edited by gspotter

I would really like an easy way to see which puzzles I havn't solved, for eg. within 100km.

It can be done by using several bookmarks ("solved" and "all puzzles"), comparing them in GSAK and producing a list of not yet solved. But this is very inacurate, easy to get wrong, and requires too many actions.

Various good sounding macros in GSAK cant see wether the coordinate has been changed or not, so that doesn't help.

I don't care how it's done, either a green "?" instead of blue, as many others have suggested before, or as a selection criteria in a PQ (even beter).

It's been talked about before, any small steps in this direction would be welcome.