Are your trivia skills better now that you're solving puzzles?

tweetiepy

Do any of you feel that you'd be unbeatable at trivia now that you've solved those puzzles?

OMG, in the past week or so I've been dreaming of puzzles and solutions and I've read up on a magnitude of subjects that I never thought I'd read about. From digital root (I can do these in my head now!) to bases (still can,t figure those out) to aeroplane triangulation, to trivia on valentines day, the red baron, sudokus, crosswords, word searches, hockey trivia, dog trivia and the local school boards and I'm skipping a lot of them.

I feel like my brain is about to explode but I feel I'll be almost unbeatable at trivia next time!

I've read up on a lot of subjects but I'm still coming up xo( on a lot of puzzles. I'm trying but OMG brain overload!

Anyone else?

I've always been a font of useless knowledge, so 8 years of puzzle solving probably has little effect on me.

Hey! That's my line! Oh, sorry. I'm a 'Wealth of useless information". Close.

I have learnt a lot researching puzzles. But I don't consider that trivia. Names these animals? Most of them I knew already. Order of admission of states to the union? Easy Google. Then there ae the two very difficult math problems. I Googled using the text provided and found the ansers to both on "Ask Dr. Math" (or some such.)

On the other fin, a coworker was playng "Words with Friends" and asked me if 'vair' is a real word. So, I explained to her that Cinderella's slippers were 'vair' (meaning squirrel fur), and not 'verre' (French for 'glass'.) A bad translation turned fur slippers into glass slippers!

Trivia runs rampant through my brain. It may have helped solving puzzle caches, but solving puzzle caches has not changed my trivia level.

I probably do better on puzzles on the whole as I know some tricks now, but not sure I have gained much trivia knowledge to be honest. If I have, its probably through researching my own puzzles to create, not solving other's.

Well, I guess that is not entirely sure. I had to look up Farscape to solve a puzzle and had never looked at that show (though am watching it now). I had to look up Doctor Who twice for puzzles and now I watch the show, I know more, but before watching it, I had some knowledge based on those puzzles. So, if I thought about it more, yeah, probably a little bit more.

I've always been a font of useless knowledge, so 8 years of puzzle solving probably has little effect on me.

^This, but substitute 4 instead of 8.

I've always liked reading up on various subjects. Actually, pretty much any and every subject. I'm pretty well-known as someone who either already knows a useless/interesting fact/answer, or can find it quickly. If someone asks an off-hand question, like "How old is Joe Q. Celebrity now?", I'll do a quick search using whatever computing device is at hand to find the answer. I just can't help it. I need to know the answer. I've heard the term "Fountain of ever-flowing knowledge" used in reference to an individual in another section of my workplace, and it could probably be applied to myself and some others here as well.

I've gained some additional knowledge from solving hundreds of geocaching puzzles, but the majority of my useless trivia has come from outside of geocaching.

I definitely believe that the brain can be exercised and becomes more fit the more regularly it works out. However, it seems most of the puzzles in my area are unnecessarily insanely difficult. When my brain tries to do them it's like trying to run a marathon after sitting on the couch for months.