Custom map problem

hoytvtecmach

I made a Custom map in KMZ format on Google Earth . I installed it on a micro sd card and placed it in a Custom Maps file inside a Garmin folder . It showed up in the map area on my Garmin 62s and it displayed with no problem other than it was very dark . The problem came when I switched back to the Garmin Topo map in internal storage of the device and it would not display . What is the problem ??

You have to set the draw order for your Garmin Custom Map just like all other Garmin maps.

I suspect your KMZ file has a draw order lower than the topo map, thus the topo map is drawn over the KMZ.

Read This.

I disabled the Custom map and then enabled the Garmin topo map , however , the Garmin topo would show it was "Disabled" and would not display again . Eventually I went to Mapinstall and removed the Garmin map and reinstalled it again. Now it works OK so I removed the Custom map from the Micro sd card and put the empty card back in the unit. I read the link you posted and will put in a draw order and adjust the transparency .

Edited by hoytvtecmach

You have to set the draw order for your Garmin Custom Map just like all other Garmin maps.

I suspect your KMZ file has a draw order lower than the topo map, thus the topo map is drawn over the KMZ.

Read This.

I disabled the Custom map and then enabled the Garmin topo map , however , the Garmin topo would show it was "Disabled" and would not display again . Eventually I went to Mapinstall and removed the Garmin map and reinstalled it again. Now it works OK so I removed the Custom map from the Micro sd card and put the empty card back in the unit. I read the link you posted and will put in a draw order and adjust the transparency .

Draw order is important, but the transparency is only to allow you to see the google earth map under your custom map, for editing purposes. The final custom map will always be fully opaque, never transparent.

Edited by BMW JEDI