Routes

jefrut

Yes you can do that. Under PQ's you can "find caches along a route" there you can create your route and once you have it to your liking you can create a PQ for caches along the route. I do it all the time when we take a trip so we can grab caches along the way that are close to the highway and even plan fuel and food stops based on cache saturation. Why not full up the tank, belly and grab 4-5 caches before getting back on the road.

I just started making more use of this feature. I still will scope out a route on the map, because all the cache along a route does is find caches near the road you'll be taking -- it doesn't care about controlled access highways, exits, etc. But having the master list is nice so I can sort through by type, favorite points, TBs, size, etc. and figure out which caches might be worth stopping for.

...all the cache along a route does is find caches near the road you'll be taking -- it doesn't care about controlled access highways, exits, etc...

This is absolutely correct. All it does is plot a line from point to point along the route and show you the number of caches you request on either side of that line to the distance you specify and meets the criteria you enter in your PQ.