Altering Dangerous Cache

Zerpersande

Most caches have potential dangers attached to them. And people looking for them are supposed to look out for themselves.

Still, I think it's a CO's responsibility to point out any potential dangers around their cache to help other cachers to perform their hobby safely.

Doing so means properly listing the difficulty and terrain level, any traffic hazards and mentions of dangerous wildlife -- either in text or using attributes.

In my book a wasps nest near one of my caches would either receive mention on the cache page or cause a temporary move for the cache container.

According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), about ten people die from unintentional inhalation of Dihydrogen Monoxide every day in the United States. Yet cache owners continue to put caches near sources of this dangerous chemical.

Water you talking about? :laughing:

Like that one. Gotta' cache named Dihydrogen Monoxide.

I convinced my entire family to sign a petition to ban the stuff. Boy did they feel silly.

That's pretty funny.

But, they are a part of nature and deserve to have their nest just the same.

So you don't kill ticks either?

Killing even one wasp to facilitate a cache is just plain wrong.

If a bear decides to den-up near a cache hide, do we kill the bear?

Is it ok to kill one poison ivy plant to facilitate the cache?

One, didn't kill the wasp, just told him to move along. Second, it was easier to move him along than to kill him, though if I had taken the time to aim... Third, guess it is different, but some bats that decided to take up residence between my rain gutter and eaves didn't get a chance to move along. Fourth, wasp nests around/near my house are destroyed without second thought. Fifth, not okay to kill a single wasp? That is funnier than the dihydrogen monoxide. Guess you are against killing whales too.

One, didn't kill the wasp, just told him to move along. Second, it was easier to move him along than to kill him, though if I had taken the time to aim... Third, guess it is different, but some bats that decided to take up residence between my rain gutter and eaves didn't get a chance to move along. Fourth, wasp nests around/near my house are destroyed without second thought. Fifth, not okay to kill a single wasp? That is funnier than the dihydrogen monoxide. Guess you are against killing whales too.

Dunno about where you are from but where I live bats are a protected species, and boasting about killing them would earn you a visit from the RSPCA (uk animal protection busybodies).

Dunno about where you are from but where I live bats are a protected species, and boasting about killing them would earn you a visit from the RSPCA (uk animal protection busybodies).

Bats? I meant rats. They can visit all they want. Stating something on the internet may hold up in kangeroo courts of backwater, third-world nations, but not elsewhere. How about wasps? The treehuggers prohibit that too?