Problem changing home location

Landsbanki

Hello,

I moved home about 10 days ago and have been trying to update my home location without success. Everytime I go to the manage location page I get these coords N 47° 38.223 W 122° 20.615 whatever I type in. These are on a different continent! I also never see a map.

Bizarrely my location has at some point mysteriously switched from my old house to somewhere about 2 miles from my new home, but at a location I never entered. It's next to some railway tracks that makes me seem like I'm sleeping rough in a railway carriage! I've tried my address, my postcode, the coords of my new house, and all combinations of them. Everytime I press search I get the same coords in Seattle - which I think might be for Groundspeak HQ and not the UK where I live.

Am I missing something here or is there some bug in the manage location page at the moment.

Yours very confused

Landsbanki

I've just changed my location to try it out and it seemed to work OK for me (and I'm also in UK).

This is what I did:

Went to http://www.geocaching.com/account/ManageLocations.aspx

Edited the co-ords that were showing in the bar to what I wanted them to be.

Clicked 'Search'

Map showed the new location that I wanted.

Underneath map, clicked 'Save changes'.

If this isn't working for you, have you tried zooming out (a lot!) from the map and then clicking and holding the blue pin to move it over to UK (from Seattle)... then gradually zoom back in to your town, moving the pin each time until you get the correct location? Then 'Save changes'.

MrsB :)

I've just changed my location to try it out and it seemed to work OK for me (and I'm also in UK).

This is what I did:

Went to http://www.geocaching.com/account/ManageLocations.aspx

Edited the co-ords that were showing in the bar to what I wanted them to be.

Clicked 'Search'

Map showed the new location that I wanted.

Underneath map, clicked 'Save changes'.

If this isn't working for you, have you tried zooming out (a lot!) from the map and then clicking and holding the blue pin to move it over to UK (from Seattle)... then gradually zoom back in to your town, moving the pin each time until you get the correct location? Then 'Save changes'.

MrsB :)

Thanks Mrs B. I don't see a map at all. It is completely blank. No way of zooming, in or out. I'm beginning to wonder if the problem is my browser. I'll try a different one and see if that sorts the problem.

It is a browser problem. The map will not show on IE9 but works fine on Firefox.

Edited by Landsbanki