Valentine Day Coin Test

NOSNOW

If Shadow was still with us, he would have LOVED to have a cointest for Valentine Day. That’s the kind of rabbit he was. So in honor of him we will be having a cointest.

Winner of the cointest will receive a Shadow's Birthday Geocoin, see picture. Contest will end February 14, 2013 at Midnight CST.

0f7ed6ff-a531-4cfe-afff-111084fa569a.jpg?rnd=0.9872977

To enter you can post any of the following categories: 1 – a poem to your valentine; 2 – a picture of the valentine card your giving to you valentine; 3 – a description of what you and your valentine will be doing on valentine’s day (remember this is a family friendly site); 4 – (For the unromantic) an essay on the event that happen in Chicago on February 14, 1929. With you post, please include with category you are entering.

Entries will judge by Maya, our bird. Although many that know her would not think that she is romantic or even has a nice side. We will tell her to judge the entries on cuteness, originality, romantic content, and creativity. But she does have a mind of her own and no one knows what goes on in there.

Shadow’s favorite cointest will always be the ones that he got lots and lots of treats, but I think he would have also liked this one.

Rules:

Cointest ends midnight CST on February 14, 2013

Three entries pre day

No edits in post

Decision by Maya will be final

what a cute coin.

shadow sure is missed

ok, so here is my story. It is about 2 groups of people who did not like each other very. they were fighting over who could sell alcohol in the city of chicago. this was during the time when alcohol was illegal. what was our country thinking during that time? i can't believe such a law ever passed in this country.

so one group lured part of the other group into a garage. this was possible because they were wearing police uniforms.

now the next thing that happened was not very nice. the people dressed as police officers killed everyone. as i said, not very nice.

the people who did this never were identified. there are many rumors and speculations on what happened and who did, but never any proof.

this became known in history as the St Valentine's Day Massacre.

that is the end of my story for you.

i wish everyone a very happy Valentine's Day, hope it goes better than the above story.

:mmraspberry::wub:

For those of you who know us, we are newlyweds.

We got married in July 2012, after knowing each other for close to 11 years.

We lost touch, but with the miracle of FB, we reconnected in 2009, and have been happy ever since.

I usually tell anyone who asks what we are doing for Valentine's Day,...

We don't need Valentine's Day to express our love, as we do that every single day of the year.

So, having said this, here is my contribution...

Our Wedding Song, and the truth behind our love

So we have a 4yr old daughter and our Valentines day usually revolves around her. We have been taking turns doing either a Mommy daughter VDay outing or a Daddy daughter VDay outing. This year is Daddys turn and they are starting out with our tradition of a Build a Bear, followed by lunch at her choice (which happenes to be Chuck E Cheese this year LOL good luck Dad) and a present. We asked her what she wanted and she said jewelry like Mommy :) So we found a pair of cutie hoop cz earrings that Dad will be giving her so she can "have diamonds like Mommy" :) No chocolate as it hits her like a darn head on collision.... All this will be taking place while I, Mommy, enjoy some quietness at home accompanied by a glass or two of wine while cleaning. Yay me :) Happy V Day everyone!

Been married for 22 years now to the love of my life who's been a best friend since I was 16. Have done the flower thing, chocolate thing, and jewelry thing before. More meaningful to her is just showing her how much I care for her and giving her a break from the daily toils of life and motherhood. I will get up tomorrow and turn her alarm off, make the kids breakfast, and take them to school. I will also take our crazy amped up Wheaten terrier Remi for a walk in the morning. In the evening after work, I'll make the kids dinner and take her to dinner out and Les Miserables. She goes to guy movies all the time without a complaint. That will be our Valentine's Day, at least the PG version.wub.gifwub.gifwub.gifwub.gifwub.gifwub.gifwub.gifwub.gifwub.gifwub.gif

I wish I had more time to write the whole story... but our plans for tomorrow:

Breakfast out at a nice place, followed by caching which will include snagging 2 towns out of the 4 we need to complete our 'every town' challenge, 3 planned caches being puzzles we solved. Once we are done hiking, we'll return home for a homemade candlelit dinner(spinach-artichoke stuffed rigatoni with shallot cream sauce) and homemade cupcakes... and I'll give him the very special Clam geocoin I finally was able to find and purchase(it's a symbol for us). That's the important gift but there are a couple of others. We'll be sure to give each horse some candy and the cats some treats. Perfect!

Maybe this will fit category #1

I've spent a lifetime looking for you

Single bars and good time lovers, never true

Playing a fools game, hoping to win

Telling those sweet lies and losing again.

I was looking for love in all the wrong places

Looking for love in too many faces

Searching your eyes, looking for traces

Of what.. I'm dreaming of...

Hopin' to find a friend and a lover

God bless the day I discover

Another heart, lookin' for love

I can't take credit for writing it but I have been humming that song all day! LOL

3- me and my other half went to a cafe and then to an ice cream parlour where we had lots of nice food and a yummy treats and then We came home and he gave me a lovely watch and geocoin. (He got kit for his airsoft hobby)

We then went off to pick up one of our travel bugs but the cache it was placed in has been completely destroyed. :( it's first drop too. Oh well. Proxy ordered (as I'm pretty sure it's been melted)

I am going to enter in category #3.

Today is my 11th anniversary as well as Valentines day. This evening I will be taking my beautiful wife to a nice quiet dinner at a nice seafood restaurant. It will be an evening away from the kids that she deserves more than anyone I know. She is my best friend, the light at the end of my tunnel and I love her very much. Happy Anniversary Baby.

We'll be celebrating the fact that we have a new home to move into as of yesterday! I kind of wish it'd been today that we closed instead of the 13th, but we're just happy to be starting a new home. Though we've lived together in two other homes, this will really be our first home together- he moved into my home first, so it never really felt like "ours" to him I know. Then we moved into our current rental, which we haven't been able to personalize, so this will be the first chance for us to make a house a home together. We each have a small gift for the other that we'll exchange tonight, but the main gift is the new house keys sitting on the kitchen counter!

We've never entered a cointest before but this coin and its story are so cute, we just have to try. We'll start with the story of our Valentine's Day plans:

First, one must understand that there are six NoisyHikers, all of different ages and in different phases of life. NoisyHiker #6 is but nine and a half years of age and so he, while slightly curious, tends to shun all things romantic. That does not mean that he will turn down the offer of a chocolate-coated marshmallow heart or a Hersey's Kiss wrapped in shiny pink foil.

NoisyHikers #4 and #5 are teenagers at opposite ends of the romantic spectrum. NH#4 is solo on this holiday and wishes he was not. Given the opportunity, he is the type to walk five miles in the snow to deliver an origami heart to a girl he only knows over the counter of the local Starbucks. NH#5, in contrast, has been in a relationship for over a year with a girl who is just as cute and half his height. They are lovely to watch and have plans to dine at Earl's on Saturday when they are both free of work and school.

NoisyHiker #3 gave her heart away and got two beautiful daughters for it, neither of them yet old enough to draw a heart, speak of hearts or know anything more than the sound of it beating in their mother's chest. Their love is physical, necessary and pure every day of the year.

Which leaves NoisyHikers #1 and #2 on an overcast day with a few gifts between them and wondering at the silliness of it all. Unlike other couples, they are blessed with odd work schedules that give them several hours a day to enjoy the company of one another. On Monday they might have lunch out, on Tuesday they might go for a hike, on Wednesday they might curl up in bed and read.

And any of these days might just happen to be Valentine's Day, or a birthday, or an anniversary. They go by hardly noticed at all because we never need them to be special days. We don't wait for an occasion, a purpose, an excuse. We'll spend Valentine's Day jut the same as every other day: In love.

In the poetry category, here is a bit of an original song by NoisyHiker #1:

From my heart on paper grows

Guitar and lyric mistletoe

This is how a song will come to life...

For years my life just waited there

For someone with that same song to share

Then all the little pieces fell in place...

And when we’re just a photograph

Our sons and daughters will look back

At all those years of innocence with pride...

But for this perfect moment I am here with you

Our song as it has always been is perfectly in tune

Well this has been a rather sad week with my dad passing away and the funeral only happening on Tuesday. So romance planning unfortunately went out the window. I did however cook for my wife last night (a lovely seafood and chicken paella) which was also one of my dad's favourites. And this weekend we will go out for a special dinner as a family - possibly at a nearby seaside resort town (with a cache nearby of course ;) )

WOW! Thanks for all the great posts. It was fun to see how others share there Valentines Day.

Maya was at the computer for most of the night looking and looking.

96a12472-8537-4da5-8869-74d781ce63ff.jpg?rnd=0.8265139

After a lot of bird mumbling, she finally came up with her decision. She declared Shadow’s Friend the winner. I think she is trying to earn brownie points. I tried to reason with her, but she is very set after she makes up her mind (unless there cheese cake in the picture). And since there is no cheese cake in the house, so we had no choice, but to dismiss her decision. So all the entries are winners, see list below. Please send my your address so I can get the coin to you.

Thanks for playing

Ufgatorgirl

jpbarr

TheLegoFool&Missus

Laval K-9

KJKBrader

Bartians

fbingha

RecipeForDisaster

LadyBee4T

sparklefingers

LewisClan77

Doctor A

farrtom

6NoisyHikers

The Skylark Four

Carbon Hunter

NOSNOW, thank you for a unique and inspirational cointest! I thoroughly enjoyed coming to the thread to see how others spend their Valentine's Day together. Your cointest has shown how geocoiners are very warm and loving people. You are a generous person and much appreciated. Looking forward to adding this personal geocoin to my collection. It will be my first bunny geocoin. We also have a houseful of pets, a Wheaten terrier, 2 Tonkinese cats, a guinea pig, and 2 box turtles, so your love of pets is understood. Thanks so much. biggrin.gif

WOW! Thanks for all the great posts. It was fun to see how others share there Valentines Day.

After a lot of bird mumbling, she finally came up with her decision. She declared Shadow’s Friend the winner. I think she is trying to earn brownie points. I tried to reason with her, but she is very set after she makes up her mind (unless there cheese cake in the picture). And since there is no cheese cake in the house, so we had no choice, but to dismiss her decision. So all the entries are winners, see list below. Please send my your address so I can get the coin to you.

Thanks for playing

Ufgatorgirl

jpbarr

TheLegoFool&Missus

Laval K-9

KJKBrader

Bartians

fbingha

RecipeForDisaster

LadyBee4T

sparklefingers

LewisClan77

Doctor A

farrtom

6NoisyHikers

The Skylark Four

Carbon Hunter

WHAT! I didn't win! :laughing:

I guess I will have to eat the entire cheese cake myself.

Thanks for playing

Ufgatorgirl

jpbarr

TheLegoFool&Missus

Laval K-9

KJKBrader

Bartians

fbingha

RecipeForDisaster

LadyBee4T

sparklefingers

LewisClan77

Doctor A

farrtom

6NoisyHikers

The Skylark Four

Carbon Hunter

WHAT! I didn't win! :laughing:

I guess I will have to eat the entire cheese cake myself.

If you need some help to eat that cheesecake I will offer my services! In fact I made one yesterday as a trial...... :laughing:

Went caching on the beach today, at an abandoned amusement park that holds a lot of memories for both of us.

Then, got a very special envelope in the mail... what an awesome surprise, a Valentine's Day card AND a gorgeous Geocoin AND another related item that I can't mention on this forum :) My husband is particularly interested in those(smaller similar item)so he is thrilled. I am wild about the glitter on both sides of the coin and the carrots on the cake! The cute lop ears are a plus, too. You are so generous to make a stranger's day like this-THANK YOU! I just need to come up with ideas for 'use' of the coin(goal, what caches it will visit, etc.)without letting it travel and get lost/stolen on its own. We only own a couple of nice coins that aren't released in the wild... one will probably be attached to our caching pack, one is on our keychain and visits every cache, but this one... ?

Thanks again!

I glad that the coin are hopping into mail boxes so soon. Shadow's was a fast little rabbit. He is so fast that one of the item that can't be mention here hopped out of the package before it got all sealed up. So if you get your coin and one is not include, please let me know.