New Personal Geocoin: DK_Titan 2012 R.I.P.

DK_Titan

SampleCoin2F_front.png

This weekend we have given Geocoinshop.de green light to start the production of our coins.

We'll write to everyone who has shown interest in the coin after we posted pictures of the first 5 test samples some weeks ago. We have now received test samples of all 10 versions, which can be seen on our web page.

UK Version

DK version

(All prices mentioned on the web page are exclusive shipping. We will check shipping costs as soon as possible)

The story behind the memorial coin: UK version DE version DK version

Only 25 coins will be minted of each of the 10 versions, and 18 of each version will be put up for sale or trades. The remaining coins will either be part of our own coin collection or will be used for trades of rare coins in the future.

We still have 2 of the 3 versions of the 2010 edition for sale or trade. Link - only in danish.

Today we picked up a 15 kg package at the post office. It contained our memorial geocoin (DK_Titan 2012 R.I.P. Geocoin). We will inspect all the coins for errors the next few days and will then contact those, who have reserved coins. You may read more about this project here.

The photo shows 8 of the 10 versions of the geocoin.

DK_Titan2012R.I.P.Geocoin.JPG

Tomorrow it is exactly one year ago we lost Titan. It feels kind of strange, that the coins should arrive so close to that date.

/DK_Titan

Will these be on sale someplace if we didn't reserve in advance? I'd love to get one!

Yes! We still have all 10 versions available, but some versions are expected to be sold out very soon. Feel free to contact us via PM (or our Geocaching.com profile) if you are interested in buying or trading coins.

Best regards,

Poul-Erik and Ulf / DK_Titan

I was going through my collection the other day and organizing them, when I came across the gem. I wanted to find out more about it and found this thread. My question is, all the coins I see here have a cross and RIP on the side with the full view of Titan. My does not have that. It also has the tracking number by his feet. Was there a second minting that I am not aware of?

DK_Titan

I was going through my collection the other day and organizing them, when I came across the gem. I wanted to find out more about it and found this thread. My question is, all the coins I see here have a cross and RIP on the side with the full view of Titan. My does not have that. It also has the tracking number by his feet. Was there a second minting that I am not aware of?

DK_Titan

there was a 2nd minting, sadly, after the passing of DK_Titan. hopefully, they will meet again at the bridge.

ILYK

ILYL

DK_Titan

there was a 2nd minting, sadly, after the passing of DK_Titan. hopefully, they will meet again at the bridge.

ILYK

ILYL

Ah, that makes sense now that I know. It's always hard when someone who's so loved passes. I too hope they meet at the bridge.

Thank you for the clarification.