Marking FTF

-Scarecrow-

I keep track of my FTFs two ways. First, I have two bookmark lists (when you max out of one, you'll have to start another). Second is a rule I created for myself after 2006: I only ever use the text "FTF" in an online log when I FTFed the cache. This makes it very easy for me to find all my FTFs because I can search the My Finds PQ based on what I wrote.

I also have a standard way of prefacing logs: "<time> - <FTF/FTL> w/<who I was with><line break><line break><unique log text>". Thus, I also know where to find the text "FTF" in any of my logs.

Searchable through a function of geocaching.com?

First of all, geocaching.com would have to recognize an FTF as an official stat. They don't (and probably never will).

Often enough I had FTF on the cache, but was not first to log on-line. Or the other way around. No way to have FTF stats anywhere near reliable on the web site.

An alternative to GSAK would be to use mygeocachingprofile.com

You can personalize the list of stats any way you want to and the site will generate html that you can put in your public profile to display your achievements.

I keep track of my FTF's this way because I don't use GSAK. To do this, you enter a specific word on the website and when you upload a My Finds pocket query it will filter your FTF's and make a nice list. Or, you can enter them manually.

I mark my FTF logs with this: °°FTF°° and people who view my public profile can see them.

I use mygeocachingprofile.com. It allowes you to set a phrase that you put into the log of all of your FTFs. It will then find all of the occurance of that phrase. It could be like mine (i.e. "FTF, Yah"), or something less obvious to others (e.g. "I signed the blank log book") or even something compleatly unrelated.

Edited by Andronicus