Tempting the Fates geocoins for sale

Deftik

They are pretty rare, but that's extremely high, too. :blink: There were only 10 Black Nickel made and only 4 ever let out of my hands, but they weren't error coins, they were Artist Editions. The error was just in my trying to make a cool coin with a lot of layers in all black nickel - lol. You need a good light source to see all the detail in glossy black. I just didn't think that the tracking codes wouldn't be able to be read. I don't think I've ever seen one of the AEs for sale except the couple I donated to support some good causes. I've seen the prices go high like that during a bidding war, but I'm surprised to see it starting that high. I'm glad to see the set is being kept together though since they do share a matched tracking code. Hard to believe it's been over six years since the design was introduced.

They are pretty rare, but that's extremely high, too. :blink: There were only 10 Black Nickel made and only 4 ever let out of my hands, but they weren't error coins, they were Artist Editions. The error was just in my trying to make a cool coin with a lot of layers in all black nickel - lol. You need a good light source to see all the detail in glossy black. I just didn't think that the tracking codes wouldn't be able to be read. I don't think I've ever seen one of the AEs for sale except the couple I donated to support some good causes. I've seen the prices go high like that during a bidding war, but I'm surprised to see it starting that high. I'm glad to see the set is being kept together though since they do share a matched tracking code. Hard to believe it's been over six years since the design was introduced.

And how funny that the seller is from Carbondale . . .

TMA

And how funny that the seller is from Carbondale . . .

TMA

Not funny at all, the cacher selling it was a huge fan of all things "skulls" and his girlfriend at the time was a member of our local caching group and asked if I would sell her a Fates coin to surprise him with for his birthday. Feeling generous, I gave her the matched set to gift him with. They had some excellent skull themed puzzle caches in our area for quite awhile.

Actually those are very rare coins. I think that Chris Mackey told me there are only 10 of these sets as they were errors. I've been told that they have sold for as high as $400.

Any proof of that? Would love to see it.

If rarity is the only criteria, I'll make a ton of single run coins and charge a boat load.

See Chris' post #11 for the proof. I was wrong about the error though as he corrected me to say it was actually the artist edition. He still has most of these sets in his possession it sounds like. I feel very privileged to have a set. So yes it is really rare.