Finding unlogged Geocaches

Napoleone1972

When viewing a list of caches on the site, like if you search for caches within a specified distance of home, you can click the "Last Found" column twice to sort it to have the oldest-last-find at the top. There will likely be a bunch of unfound caches first, but if you keep going through the list, you'll get to caches that have been found but not in a long time.

Using the geocaching.com/seek page, you can pull up a list of all the caches in a particular state or (outside US and Canada) country. For Germany, you can pull up a list of caches by Bundesland or a list of all German caches. Then click the link in the "Last found" column. It should show the most recently found caches, so click again and it will show you the least recently found caches, starting with those that have never been found. It may take a few pages to get past all of the event caches, but then it should display the least recently logged cache in that area.

So, for you, the cache least recently logged in Hessen would be GCNZEN, In Nonnenrod, last found in May 2009. Or the least recently logged in Germany, which would be GCGWK8, Fishermans Cache. (Bring your SCUBA gear for that one.)

Using the geocaching.com/seek page, you can pull up a list of all the caches in a particular state or (outside US and Canada) country. For Germany, you can pull up a list of caches by Bundesland or a list of all German caches. Then click the link in the "Last found" column. It should show the most recently found caches, so click again and it will show you the least recently found caches, starting with those that have never been found. It may take a few pages to get past all of the event caches, but then it should display the least recently logged cache in that area.

So, for you, the cache least recently logged in Hessen would be GCNZEN, In Nonnenrod, last found in May 2009. Or the least recently logged in Germany, which would be GCGWK8, Fishermans Cache. (Bring your SCUBA gear for that one.)

GSAK is about the only way at present, and for the foreseeable future since Grondspeak has decided that updating the PQ generation system is not useful.

Having a database of all the caches in your local area is recommended.

Then you can sort them by last found date, and voila!

To you, also thanks! I guess I should really dig into GSAK more than I momentarily do!

...which have not been logged for x amount of time?

It is pretty time consuming to search manually so I thought someone had an idea????

Thanks and have a great day!

Napoleone1972

You can search for unlogged caches using project geocaching. You go to the maps option and then click Not Found Caches.

You can also search for Days Since Last Found which will give you a list of the caches with the longest date since they were last found for whatever region you select.

Edited by Landsbanki

Cool, thank you for your help! This really opened my eyes and we are almost on our way to find a "forgotten cache" !

Thank you for the reply!

Kein Problem.

I'll be honest, I was very surprised to see a cache that close to the Frankfurt/Rhein-Main-Gebiet that hadn't been logged in that long. Caching was big when we cached in Hessen in 2007-2009; it's HUGE now.