Boise area series

Sky Rookie

Hey all,

I'm looking to plan a visit to the Boise area to tackle the power trails out there.

I've done similar trips to CA and NV. Last time there was 4 of us, and it worked out perfectly.

Please let me know if any is planning a trip to the area and have space for one more. I'm fairly addicted and would like to spend most of the daylight each day attacking the trail.

I'm thinking around May when it gets a bit warmer around there.

Thanks,

Sky Rookie

You referring to the geo art south of boise, the railroad or jet engine? I do not like power trails, but these are not the power trails like Rte 66 or ET Highway from what I hear, these are not on the same highway the same hide over and over, they are on BLM land and you have to go off roading to get them.

You referring to the geo art south of boise, the railroad or jet engine? I do not like power trails, but these are not the power trails like Rte 66 or ET Highway from what I hear, these are not on the same highway the same hide over and over, they are on BLM land and you have to go off roading to get them.

The "Owyhee Uplands Byway" looks to be a standard power trail with better scenery than XXX miles of generic blacktop. 725+ caches along a 100+ mile stretch of road in E.Oregon/SW.Idaho. Southwest of the GeoArt projects. Never done it myself.

We've been wanting to get down there to do them too but I'm not sure when.

We have already done the Jet geoart and it is the same cache hide over and over again - preformed pop bottles in pvc pipe but it is off road and we used our 4 wheeler for it so it was a lot of fun. For the train - it is my understanding that you can not drive vehicles to all of them, only some. The rest are walking only.