Sign in to follow this  
Followers 5
Chickilim

Category Proposal: Dovecotes

60 posts in this topic

I thought this was a great category writeup, especially the helpful photos with green checkmarks or red X's to show what's intended for inclusion in the category. That visual indicator is especially useful to cut across language barriers.

I voted yes for this category. If approved, it might even motivate me to submit my first waymark in many years. Since 1987, I've been driving past a dovecote on a large estate as part of my daily commute, and I had no idea what it was until this thread was started.

Following the legitimate remark by lumbricus regarding copyrights, here is the photo montage that will be used in the description to present the different types of dovecotes all over the World. All photos:

- are either free of rights (Wikipedia, Wikimedia Commons) or

- were bought on commercial sites (Fotolia, Stocklib) and

- are credited.

34b6b091-c759-4004-8760-0202ff39508b.jpg

And here are credited photos that will be used in the description to show what is eligible or not:

5572b09e-2c63-45aa-a3b0-eec818b47122.jpg

Oops! I forgot those two!

Thank you veritas vita for permission. ;)

6e9497bc-4393-47e1-921f-d807b2be1b87.jpg

Edited by Chickilim

I'm ready -- I dug out my pix of a dovecote from 2009 and 2014 and put em in my 2017 photos folder so I can get my hands on them fast! Hee hee hee

I don't know why we are allowed to see the comments of the voters before we vote. It doesn't really seem to be fair. It could have a bit impact on the vote based merely on one voter's misunderstanding. I think we should get rid of it.

I thank all the waymarkers who helped to create the category of Dovecotes and I hope that this will make discover these original structures to those who did not know them so far.

Now open and accepting pigeonniers!!

And -- we need a specific category icon, not just the generic one we have now. Calling pixel artists!! I do not have this talent :(

I thank all the waymarkers who helped to create the category of Dovecotes and I hope that this will make discover these original structures to those who did not know them so far.

Champagne !

The icon is not in our control. HQ have an in house artist who will create one soon after category passes.

And -- we need a specific category icon, not just the generic one we have now. Calling pixel artists!! I do not have this talent :(

The icon is not in our control. HQ have an in house artist who will create one soon after category passes.

I think that used to be true - but for the last year or more, forum members have created the newest icons and redesigned older ones, which have been submitted to GS :)

I am proposing an icon for the dovecote category. Please take a look and feel free as a pigeon ;) to give your opinion in this topic.