Help me pick a cache to find in each Province

Staygold678

Hi guys!

The first week of March I'm driving from Welland, Ontario to Chester, Nova Scotia to find the first cache placed in Canada. Along the way I want to find a cache of two in each province I pass so I can get a souvenir.

Looking for some tips as to what caches to find en route. I will be travelling via 401- Trans Canada Highway the whole way there.

Looking for a souvenir worthy cache to stop at in:

-Quebec

-New Brunswick

-Nova Scotia(besides the first cache placed)

-Prince Edward Island

Looking for something not too far off my route, like 5km max. Were driving the whole thing straight so it's gonna be a long day :)

Thanks for the input guys!

How about GC6C08 in Nova Scotia and GC6C05 in PEI. They are active virtuals with 58 fav points between them. The locations also have some significance. I won't go into much detail, I'll let you check the pages if you're interested.

Yes I saw those in the post about the guy travelling to Fredericton. I have the Toronto one and it was cool. I will grab those ones for sure. Thanks for posting! :D

How about GC6C08 in Nova Scotia and GC6C05 in PEI. They are active virtuals with 58 fav points between them. The locations also have some significance. I won't go into much detail, I'll let you check the pages if you're interested.

Yes I saw those in the post about the guy travelling to Fredericton. I have the Toronto one and it was cool. I will grab those ones for sure. Thanks for posting! :D

It's a great series, but the one in Charlottetown has been missing since 2009. We didn't realize it when we went there. We did find the one in St. John's. Newfoundland. That was a great one.

And, of course, you must go for First Canada! Loved it.

If you take exit 500 from the TCH in NB you will come upon a number of geocaches by critter431.

The number of favorites for his caches may help convince you

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/nearest.aspx?tx=32bc9333-5e52-4957-b0f6-5a2c8fc7b257&lat=45.962917&lng=-64.414700

We have found over 7000 in NB and I would have a problem picking one. Some of the best caching here is on trails.

We have a nice one with a great view right next to the TCH just before crossing into NS

http://coord.info/GCRD88

For New Brunsick, try http://coord.info/GC3CQEG. It was fun. There is a bit of an issue with that puzzle though. The key bit of information, there is various sources that very slightly. The result is you should go to your final GZ, and rely on the hint more than the GPS.

If you are wanting a traditional, any of the NB 104th caches are great. http://coord.info/GC3Y6MD is not too far off the main highway, and it is a really cool trip to get to (make sure to approach from the Village of Gagetown.

Edited by Andronicus

It's a great series, but the one in Charlottetown has been missing since 2009. ...

I think you may be mistaken. There is a found log from Nov 2012 with a photo of the plaque.

I did a little more looking at the logs. It does appear that the actual survey marker is gone. It looked quite damaged back in 2006, and then around 2009, there appears to have been some sidewalk repair, and now no more survey brass cap. But the plaque is still there, so it is still a legitimate find.

By the way, when I am near by, I still visit the sites of the archived First Post caches, and post a note to the cache page. I have a little table on my profile page that displays the First Post caches I have found, visited, and not found yet. Not sure if I will ever find NL or Yukon....