Just got our first FTF!

3isamagic#

Just when I thought the game couldn't get any more addicting and fun.....BAM! We rushed out late at night to be the first to find!!!! So much fun!!!

Well done and I agree (some won't) that FTFs can be an exhilarating part of the game but can also be one of the most addictive. Congratulations.

However one point of constructive criticism which I hope you will take in the spirit it's meant. As someone who enjoys the odd FTF hunt myself I do feel that a more detailed log of the first experience of that cache is an important part of FTF (in my opinion). Obviously not giving anything away that spoils the hide/experience but at least a log that sets the scene as yours is the first record of that particular experience for the CO and subsequent finders.

Just when I thought the game couldn't get any more addicting and fun.....BAM! We rushed out late at night to be the first to find!!!! So much fun!!!

As one who picked up an FTF 40 miles away at 12:10 am today and another 3 between 6 and 7 am includng a tree climbing one, apart from saying congrats, I know how you feel I must also say you're preaching to the wrong crowd.

I'd be surprised if the forum regulars even got out to find any cache let alone get an FTF. :lol:

Edited by Roman!

I'd be surprised if the forum regulars even got out to find any cache let alone get an FTF. :lol:

Are you saying the forum regulars are "armchair cachers"?! LOL :laughing:

In case you haven't noticed, most of them left for a different forum. So that makes you a regular by default there, Mr. almost 1,000 posts guy. :lol:

Hey, I found a cache outside of a cupcake shop, placed by one of the employees who is a Geocacher on Saturday. It's cold outside, ya' know.

Congratulations, 3isamagic#. Looks like you've been around for a while though, have you been trying all this time?

Like the lego guy says, if you are the first one to sigh the log, TELL THE STORY OF YOUR ADVENTURE.

Don't use the cache log to blow your own horn about being FTF. The cache owner usually cares less about who was FTF and more about the story of the find.

Just some thoughts from someone with 3.7% of my finds being FTFs.

Don't use the cache log to blow your own horn about being FTF. The cache owner usually cares less about who was FTF and more about the story of the find.

This is not a rule or a guideline. If you want to toot your own horn about FTF, go for it. Just remember there are those that will have a problem with it. Ignore them.

This is not a rule or a guideline. If you want to toot your own horn about FTF, go for it. Just remember there are those that will have a problem with it. Ignore them.

What if the cache owner has a problem with it? Should tooting your own horn about a FTF take precedent over properly thanking the person the provided the FTF for you to find?

What if the cache owner has a problem with it? Should tooting your own horn about a FTF take precedent over properly thanking the person the provided the FTF for you to find?

If the cache owner has a problem with it then he/she shouldn't be placing caches. I always toot my own horn then I thank the CO for the cache and the FTF. Still doesnt get old after over 750 FTFs. :D

Oh please..