Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
KD5JXU

ballon chase

posted 21/09/2003 09:54

If anyone is interested the NorthEast Oklahoma Simplex Group will be launching a Balloon in the next few weeks. Payloads will include APRS, CW beacon, Xband Repeater and whatever else someone comes up with.

APRS is using a Palmpilot GPS. The ORB-5 reached elevations of 77,695. Now that is an antenna! If you want to track the Balloon go to findyou.com.

more information on the Oklahoma Research Balloon can be found at neoksimplex.com

How does this fit in to GEOCACHE? WE gatherer the Grid Coords from APRS. Then we go to the last known position, and we break out Radio Detection equipment, Then we retrieve the balloon. Think of it as a moving GEOCACHE.

Any Questions e-mail me or go to the neok website

ORB icon_biggrin.gif

Rich and the Lost Yonkers Tribe, Seen My GPS?

145.130 -

Hi All:

V E R Y E X C I T I N G !!! Let me know, I will turn the antennas to the west and see if I can hear the sigs in Ohio....very cool !!!

Thanks & 73,

Safe Caching/RDF/Etc,

Dave, Akron Ohio

WB2DFC

Sorry to try to bring new adventures to those yhat are narrow minded. if you go to findu.com and type in orb-6 on 18th of october you can track the balloon. sorry to upset yhose of no interest

145.130 -

KD5JXU,

I think that you explained it well enough in your original post that you answered all of my questions. I didn't need to email you or visit the site, as my interests are in other aspects of Ham Radio and Geocaching.

I hope you didn't think that by not responding, people were being narrow minded. I for one would probably not have phrased the rebuke in that way if I were trying to attract people to a new type of event.

BigDaveOh responded, and he seemed genuinely interested in listening for it. Did you expect a bigger turnout or more people responding to this?

Todd - K7PKT

Cadence

(OddTodd-K7PKT and CheleBell-XYL)

Hi All,

I didn't know the topic was being discouraged???? I thought it was completey appropriate.

....Anyway... I will listen on 10/18 for the sigs and then give a report if copied...

...Good Luck !

Dave, Akron, Ohio, WB2DFC

This was intended for kind of advertisement for people with the interest of ballooning via APRS. The flight will be in conjuction with a Colorado group of ballooner's. we will have cross band repeater up, if both will link up togather it will be a balloon first. We are going to try just that.

I did not mean to insult anyone and my apologies to anyone if I did. Please go to the neoksimplex.com and get the frquencies. we have designed a cool certificate for all those that check in.

thanks and sorry for the blow up.

quote:
Originally posted by Cadence (OddTodd-K7PKT & CheleBell):

KD5JXU,

I think that you explained it well enough in your original post that you answered all of my questions. I didn't need to email you or visit the site, as my interests are in other aspects of Ham Radio and Geocaching.

I hope you didn't think that by not responding, people were being narrow minded. I for one would probably not have phrased the rebuke in that way if I were trying to attract people to a new type of event.

BigDaveOh responded, and he seemed genuinely interested in listening for it. Did you expect a bigger turnout or more people responding to this?

Todd - K7PKT

Cadence

(OddTodd-K7PKT and CheleBell-XYL)

145.130 -

Hi Dave

try to check in on the balloon. we designed a cool certificate for all QSOes. The x-band will try to link up with the Colorado bunch, if it happens it will be a first. serveral have tried all have failed. Now is the time to bring in the OKIEs,hihi

quote:
Originally posted by bigdaveoh:

Hi All,

I didn't know the topic was being discouraged???? I thought it was completey appropriate.

....Anyway... I will listen on 10/18 for the sigs and then give a report if copied...

...Good Luck !

Dave, Akron, Ohio, WB2DFC

145.130 -

Hi Dave!

Hope things are well in Akron. I grew up in Wickliffe, 14 miles east of Cleveland. I dated a couple gals in Akron during my high school years.

If you hear our balloon drop us a note on the ORB message base. The link is below and watch for KC5TRB-4 on FindU.com. GLuck!!!

-----

Harry - KC5TRB

Oklahoma Research Balloons

http://www.gbronline.com/harrymue/orb6

http://www.neoksimplex.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=ORB

-----

Hi Harry,

Go to see your post ! I will be checking for the balloon either by hearing the RF (i hope, i hope) or on findu.com. Either way, I'm looking forward to the launch.

....And those Ohio girls....wow, but be careful, they are expensive, I know !!! I decided to marry an Iowa girl, also just as expensive.. They are expensive everywhere !!

(what ever happened to the rich$$$ girls)

Good luck with the launch ! 73

Dave, WB2DFC

Harry,

My post should have read "Good to see your post"

... my typing skills are quite close to my CW skills, in fact my CW skills are better..

the rich girls took my GPS so I would get lost,hihi

145.130 -