Is there a way to purchase a travel bug quickly? As in, get the code TODAY?

Joe2478

Long story short, I've been planning a travel bug tattoo for a very long time. Here I am, going to a tattoo shop in Amsterdam tomorrow, AND I LOST THE BUG!!! Is it possible to purchase just the tracking code? I already have the design I need.

If anyone even had one they're purchased, but haven't used yet, I'd even be willing to buy it off you at a premium. Leaving Europe next week, so I'm sort of desperate. ;)

If I was getting a tattoo, I'd have the tag in my hand and activated before getting it tattooed on me. The last thing you want is to find out the code tattooed on you is invalid.

That said I have a TB that I've been meaning to use for a couple years but never got around to it. I could sell the code to you and send you the tags later. I'm not sure where the tags are though, so I can email you the code and send the tags to you eventually.

I'm sure there are a few people around that would vouch that my offer is straight up and honest. The OP will certainly be able to activate it and have it listed on their account before they start the work. On the other hand I know that if I am stiffed on payment I'll have it permanently locked down from logging.

Edit: Oh, and I'll charge the bulk rate I paid for it. I don't scalp.

Edited by BlueDeuce

Just curious - where is the travel bug being tattoed??

I'm assuming you mean where on me? I'm getting it on the inside of my right wrist. I normally shake hands when running into other cachers, so it's most likely going to be noticed there. Also, as I have no problem with visible tattoos, it'll be an easy conversation starter with noncachers.-

Long story short, I've been planning a travel bug tattoo for a very long time. Here I am, going to a tattoo shop in Amsterdam tomorrow, AND I LOST THE BUG!!! Is it possible to purchase just the tracking code? I already have the design I need.

If anyone even had one they're purchased, but haven't used yet, I'd even be willing to buy it off you at a premium. Leaving Europe next week, so I'm sort of desperate. ;)

Also be aware that once you get a trackable tattoo, you can get a special icon for folks to discover. Here's and example: http://www.geocaching.com/track/details.aspx?id=2457427

If you got paypal email me. I'll provide you with a photo of the tracking number and the activation code. Might even have a few interesting number/letters to choose from.

I wouldn't tattoo such a thing but hey, it's your body.

Just paypal'd you the money. Hopefully you get this & can send me the pics before tomorrow AM. That's when I'm getting the tat. Worst case scenario, I can get the bug tomorrow, and the code later, but I'd REALLY like to get it all at once.

Thanks again.

Just curious - where is the travel bug being tattoed??

I'm assuming you mean where on me? I'm getting it on the inside of my right wrist. I normally shake hands when running into other cachers, so it's most likely going to be noticed there. Also, as I have no problem with visible tattoos, it'll be an easy conversation starter with noncachers.-

Make it a colorful and artful one, if you are putting it as you say...

Reason I say that is because inside forearm tattoos, especially dealing with numbers, has a very, very bad rep.

Earlier post, I had mentioned simple and discreet -- same reason. Mine is on the left wrist (top-side) and is usually covered by my wrist watch. When geocaching or attending Events, I simply wear the watch on my right wrist.

I have occasionally ran into geocachers outside of geocaching... it's a simple matter to pull the watch off and display it for discovery. Unlike some others, I do not have to bear my upper arm, remove my shirt or hike up my trouser pant leg.

Normally it is most nearly unnoticeable. To date, nobody has seemingly noticed a little corner of it sticking out from beneath the watch. We do have a number of friends that are Biblically opposed to body art.

...Just something to think about.