Cambridge suggestions

I'll be in Cambridge for a day soon so I'm looking for suggestions for caches round there, possibly towards Stanstead.

Not really after anything urban, a pleasant circular walk in the country would be good preferably with woods rather than just fields.

Puzzles and multis are fine in addition to trads.

I have a car to get to the start.

Thanks

Duncan

There is a small series (10) near Newmarket by user 'Jonoah' which is certainly worth a peep. Its high up above the town, looking down at the horseracing gallops. These are certainly not your 'box in a bush' affair. Plenty of favourite points here.

Newmarket is a 10 min drive from Cambridge and has free parking at GZ. However, you cannot begin the series until after 1pm as the horses are using the gallops to, well, gallop.

A bookmark of a few I've enjoyed around Cambridge.

http://www.geocaching.com/bookmarks/view.aspx?guid=e1348147-82fe-46fe-9a45-1c575132187e

Wandlebury would keep you occupied for a fair part of the day.

Cambridge dates is urban by I enjoyed that as an evening walk.

The sewer croc is highly recommended if you pass that way.

My main reason for visiting Cambridge was because of World Cache (United Kingdom) but you would need more than one visit to complete that one.

I'll leave the bookmark open for a week or so, hope you have a good trip what ever caches you decide to attempt.

There is a small series (10) near Newmarket by user 'Jonoah' which is certainly worth a peep. Its high up above the town, looking down at the horseracing gallops. These are certainly not your 'box in a bush' affair. Plenty of favourite points here.

Newmarket is a 10 min drive from Cambridge and has free parking at GZ. However, you cannot begin the series until after 1pm as the horses are using the gallops to, well, gallop.

We went there recently and though it was an excellent series sadly some are missing and some are now archived. So I wouldn't waste your time.

We're based near Cambridge and have done most of the caches in the area. One series that I have good memories of is based around Longstowe (west of Cambridge) - first is GC2Z236. A good mixture of hides etc.

If you like puzzles they try the University Departments series, which are based in the city (or some of mine just to the south).

Thanks for the suggestions.

Unfortunately we were a little short of time so we didn't get much done except a few close to a friend's house in Hardwick and the Saffron Walden Wherigo. On the Wherigo we were accompanied by a friend who works in the town and he enjoyed the history tour of places that he hadn't been to.