How do I filter out caches by a particular user?

YelloJeep

There is no way to directly ignore a particular hider's caches.

It's been asked for, but as of yet TPTB have not seen fit to provide the means.

Using GSAK, you can filter out that player's cache and add them to your ignore list with a few mouse-clicks.

Once you place a cache on the ignore list, where does it go?

And can I look at that list again for that cache in case I mistakenly put it on the ignore list>?

I looked in all my cache lists, but could not find the "ignore" listing anywhere?

Thanks for your help and time in advance!

Take Care and Be Well!

DangerousDale

And the 'Ignore List' only lists the ignored caches by GC Code and cache name. Not by user name, state or distance.

When I decided to stop ignoring caches by a certain user, I had to go through ny list one by one to reinstate those. That was quite time consuming. (It is noted that I ignore all cemetery caches, and hides by a few hiders. There are over 500 caches on that list.)

Using GSAK, you can filter out that player's cache and add them to your ignore list with a few mouse-clicks.

Explain those few mouse clicks please?

BC

Assuming you are using the latest version (8.0) that uses the API.

Filter your database for the owner name of your displeasure. (This is the hardest part.)

In the menu at the top, select Geocaching.com access>Add to bookmark list.

A dialog opens, allowing you to select which bookmark list to add the caches to.

Select Ignore List, and make sure you choose the 'All in current filter' option.

Click the 'Add' button, the API does it's thing, and the selected caches are now in your Ignore List.

Now you can delete the selected caches from your database, never to bother you again.

Life is good!