Photo Competition – February 2013

Thank you to Lydford Locators for picking my photo as the winning picture, although there wasn’t to much competition this month.

In the few year that I have been caching, I have found caches in some unusual places

The theme this month: Is caches in unusual places

GC39AZR

7b25e223-0695-4eac-87b3-9e3bfe6c9c58.jpg

GC3HW03

photo-30.jpg

To give you a bit more scope. This month, The photo can be from any cache that you have found, since you began caching

The rules are:

1) The photo must be cache related and to do with a specific UK cache (any type including events), caching series or caching trip - please include a link to the cache or the GC.... code so we can see where the picture relates to.

2) Maximum of two photos per caching team or cacher.

3) A new thread is started each month, with the OP stating these rules.

4) The winner each month is decided by the winner from the previous month - the new winner starting the thread for the subsequent month. They may set a theme if they wish.

5) Follow the theme

Edited by martin&lindabryn

I was just wondering - do you actually have to have logged a find on the corresponding cache? I know this sounds like a daft question but we did a series where the area that the cache was hidden was unusual... but we never found it! (We know it's there because the CO confirmed it was, but as the series was quite far from home we've never revisited it to have another go).

I was just wondering - do you actually have to have logged a find on the corresponding cache? I know this sounds like a daft question but we did a series where the area that the cache was hidden was unusual... but we never found it! (We know it's there because the CO confirmed it was, but as the series was quite far from home we've never revisited it to have another go).

The photo must be cache related and to do with a specific UK cache (any type including events), caching series or caching trip

You were on a caching trip, so that's fine whether you found it or not.

The photo must be cache related and to do with a specific UK cache (any type including events), caching series or caching tripYou were on a caching trip, so that's fine whether you found it or not.

As above the photo has to be UK cache related, you do not have to find the cache to make it count.

The photo must be cache related and to do with a specific UK cache (any type including events), caching series or caching tripYou were on a caching trip, so that's fine whether you found it or not.

As above the photo has to be UK cache related, you do not have to find the cache to make it count.

I'd add, as above, provided you've logged a Found it or Did Not Find it log...

(And, lets face it, some cachers write a d amn fine DNF log!)

I was looking through my photos to see if I had any suitable for this months competition when it struck me, is this theme really ok? surely we are showing spoilers by adding the GC code of the caches, some COs might not be happy about that? <_<

Sorry not to have replied sooner to your post.

To clarified your concerns.

The competition is for photos that should already be printed on the cache page, so there should be no conflict with the issue of your photo being a spoiler.

If anything this may peak interest in the cache and encourage more visitors to try and grab find

This one was taken inside a Royal Observer Corp bunker that was in excellent condition. It's a shame that most have been trashed. Unfortunately the cache (http://coord.info/GCZNTW) has now been archived

f6bad268-dc31-4c0d-8902-b60aaa04b1d6.jpg

This one is from a bus shelter. Usually fairly boring but this one's certainly not - the Unst Bus Shelter (http://coord.info/GC1TK5D). Everything inside was drenched except the cache - nice and dry in a large ammo can

4990053847_ceecc86e41_z.jpg

As the brief this month was for unusual caches, I have chosen duncanhoyle bus stop GC1TK5D. as this is defiantly the most unusual cache.

Just have a read of the web page to see what I mean (especially the W.M.D. entry.

I will be adding this one to my to-do list if I ever get up there.

4990053847_ceecc86e41_z.jpg

Congratulations to duncanhoyle and good luck next month

Thanks for choosing me

It's a bit of a trek but I'd thoroughly recommend a trip to Shetland and I'd love to go back any time. The scenery is incredible and the caches are good. The UK's furthest north cache, Sexy Muckle Flugga leads to some fantastic cliffs and puffins walking past you less than 1m away.