Delete logs for TB all at once

PennypackerHE

I've researched the forums and couldn't find exactly what I was looking for. Is there a way to "mass delete" all of the logs for a TB? I have a TB that was lost a couple years ago and I am re-releasing it with a tag I made with the existing tracking number. I want to "reset" the logs and the mileage to basically start over. Is this possible?

Please don't! The cachers that move you bug before will loose that stat. You can place a note that it has been replaced with the mileage from that point.

Why would people want to move your bug, if you have no respect for there logs when they do it correctly.

Good point, thanks for the heads up. Didn't even think about that.

Yeah... gots to keep in mind how it affects logs, etc. for those that have moved it.

Typically, folks who re-release (can) change everything about the traveler and log a [Note] that they did so, but deleting previous logs is tantamount to slapping all those that have moved it.

That [Note] acts sort of like a line <br> in the trackables' history.

:)

Any way to just reset mileage?

Just add a Note, and add to the description, re-released at XXX miles.

All anyone has to do is then subtract that mileage from the TB's current mileage, if they want to know how far it's travelled.

* Should you wish to suggest to Groundspeak that being able to re-set a TB's mileage -without loosing any of the previous logs/information- if it's replaced, I'm sure you will get a lot of support. It's often asked in the forums about resetting the mileage. :)

it's your trackable, do with it as you wish...

while I personally wouldn't delete logs on a trackable with a unique icon, or one with an extraordinary # of finds and/or milage. I did just deleted the logs from a generic TB that has been missing four years and only traveled 80 miles before it disappeared. I plan to re-releasing it soon with a proxy tag... I have about 18-20 others that I have the same issues with. One of which never even made it out of the first cache it was placed in before it disappeared over 3 years ago now...

I realize folks frown on this, and it's a tough decision, but bottom line is it's my decision... it's my $100 or so bucks in tracking codes I invested in and I'm not going to invest another $100 for new TB's if the same thing is going to happen... with the $ I've invested over the years in coins, caches, swag, and TB's that go missing, I seldom release anything new into the game, so I'm recycling TB's that have been missing for years...

I also realize the originals may show back up at some point, but after 3-4-5 years, the odds are against it....

while I personally wouldn't delete logs on a trackable with a unique icon, or one with an extraordinary # of finds and/or milage. I did just deleted the logs from a generic TB that has been missing four years and only traveled 80 miles before it disappeared. I plan to re-releasing it soon with a proxy tag... I have about 18-20 others that I have the same issues with. One of which never even made it out of the first cache it was placed in before it disappeared over 3 years ago now...

I realize folks frown on this, and it's a tough decision, but bottom line is it's my decision... it's my $100 or so bucks in tracking codes I invested in and I'm not going to invest another $100 for new TB's if the same thing is going to happen... with the $ I've invested over the years in coins, caches, swag, and TB's that go missing, I seldom release anything new into the game, so I'm recycling TB's that have been missing for years...

I also realize the originals may show back up at some point, but after 3-4-5 years, the odds are against it....

Horsecrap. You might have expected everyone to move your bug on forever but instead you decided to delete the found-it log of those who did help it along.

When I find your bug, I'll send you a note offering to mail it back to you.

Edited by BlueDeuce
  • Upvote 1

Horsecrap. You might have expected everyone to move your bug on forever but instead you decided to delete the found-it log of those who did help it along.

When I find your bug, I'll send you a note offering to mail it back to you.

not exactly, but I did expect them to travel longer and further than they have... with 97% of my travelers MIA or STOLEN within the first year of release, It's my decision to continue or stop throwing good money towards a loosing battle... until something is done to educate newbies and the problems surrounding missing trackables are addressed, I choose to quit adding to someone elses pocket and keep what is in mine... If I were informed that on average 4 out of every 100 trackables continues it's journey for any length og time, I doubt I would have ever released my first TB...

btw, you're entitled to your opinion... (or 21,200+ of them from what I see...) regardless, debating this isn't going to change my view of what to do with my TB's that are missing and I doubt I could say anything to change your view either...

you do what you want with your travelers and I'll do what I want with mine...