New International shipping rates! Wow!

avroair

I shipped 2 coins today to Germany, the cost was $6.55, used to cost me less than $5.00

Must have been smaller, lightweight coins with package weight under 2 oz. Consider yourself lucky. Most of my shipments yesterday were in the $9.45 range for 1 coin.

Mark, the $12+ is for the third ounce. I just looked at my receipt.

Edited by AtlantaGal

And our US Postal Service wonders why they are losing money and customers ...

maybe they should quit sponsoring bike races to the tune of millions of dollars a year. what do they get on that return? lance armstrong.

It's not really all the post office's fault, it's hamstrung by Congress. And a couple million dollars is nothing compared to the $5.5 billion default on loans and lost of $12 billion since 2007. Stamps should be $1.00 --- not the annual 3 cent raises. And they should phase out operations that nobody uses, such email replacing regular mail (20% down and 12% loss in revenue), but the USPS costs have not adjusted accordingly... it's still cheaper than UPS or FED EX on most packages.

It's not really all the post office's fault, it's hamstrung by Congress. And a couple million dollars is nothing compared to the $5.5 billion default on loans and lost of $12 billion since 2007. Stamps should be $1.00 --- not the annual 3 cent raises. And they should phase out operations that nobody uses, such email replacing regular mail (20% down and 12% loss in revenue), but the USPS costs have not adjusted accordingly... it's still cheaper than UPS or FED EX on most packages.

Two different issues, I think. The 5.5B was to pay what will be required to meet future Postal retiree entitlements in pensions and helthcare.

Yes, many services should be re-analyzed. Millions of tons of 'junk' has never seemed a profitable operation for the PO. Loss of revenue should be loss of costs and employees as well. Doesn't work that way. It's a 'private' company not operated as a standard company would be ... or someone would have made serious 'private equity' offer to buy them ... NO ??

WOW! It looks like my over the pond trading is stopped in its tracks. :mad:

Edit to add: Not just over the pond. It's the same to Canada too.. :mad: :mad:

To Canada has gone up by the same amount EH!??

Yes, do tell. I have not yet shipped to Canada and was thinking it would still be a few $ less that the rest of the world.

Yes, do tell. I have not yet shipped to Canada and was thinking it would still be a few $ less that the rest of the world.

It looks like the first two ounces to Canada are the same as the rest of the world but it's cheaper 3 ounces and up.

It looks like the first two ounces to Canada are the same as the rest of the world but it's cheaper 3 ounces and up.

Crap. Thanks for letting me know.

got most of my mathtrade coins in the mail today...rates...

issaquah, wa USA 2.1oz - $2.07

trenton, nj 8.9oz - $3.09

apple valley, ca 3.5oz - $2.24

issaquah, wa 2.8oz - $2.07

spain 1.5oz - $6.55

netherlands 1.2oz - $6.55

poland 3.8oz - $9.45

canada 2.5oz - $7.35

germany 1.9oz - $6.55

portugal 10.6oz - $14.90

------------------------------

$64.42

3 left to send

ILYK
Edited by drneal

I use tracking on my domestic packages, so all single coin shipments (1.8 oz to 2.6 oz) in the US were $2.97

4.6 oz to Toledo, OH $3.31 (3 coins)

5.9 oz to Issaquah, WA $3.48 (4 coins)

4.3 oz to St Marys, PA $3.31 (2 coins)

1.8 oz to Germany $6.55

2.0 oz to Germany $6.55

.9 oz to Norway $6.55

1.6 oz to Spain $6.55

5.3 oz to Netherlands $12.75

$57.98 for 19 coins mailed in math trade.