How do I download bookmark list onto Magellan Explorist

Rain Willowsnap

We are completely new to geocaching and are still trying to figure everything out here. Just want to get started searching for geocaches in our area. We were able to set up PQ, and it was delivered via email as a zip. But when we choose to unzip, it asks where we would like to extract the files, and we're not sure where to go from here. Our GPS is attached to the computer, and I can find Magellan, but under that are folders including:

App

Geocaches

Images

SYS

Tracks

Waypoints

Does anyone know what to do next?

Thank you!

Edited by Michelle_M

Thank you for that - worked! Can't wait to get out and give it a try now...

WAIT! There's more!

If your zip file contains a file where the filename contains the letters "wpts", dump it into the 'Waypoints' folder.

These are OTHER related places such as parking spots that are listed with the caches you download.

Magellan GPS's will show you subordinate waypoints through the menu off of the cache screen.

...Bill

Edited by TeamRabbitRun

I've written a number of simple 'how to' guides including one for Magellan GPS's. Includes how to do a PQ and transfer it the GPS. I've also included a bit on using Magellan's Vantage Point software which has the advantage of downloading the PQ directly from the website and transferring it to the GPS. This also includes cache page pictures too.

You'll find it on my resource site - http://www.follow-the-arrow.co.uk/resources/paperless.html#showmehow

Chris

Graculus

Volunteer UK Reviewer for geocaching.com

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

UK Geocaching Wiki

Geocaching.com Help Center

UK Geocaching Information & Resources website