GCC Coin Story, November 2012

nevadanick

I just checked my back newsletters and here is what I got in NovenberNov News

Did you post the wrong link? This link is to their GeocoinSTORE newsletter, not the GeocoinCLUB monthly newsletter. The CLUB newsletter deals specifically with the CLUB coins and a description of their origin, designer, purpose, description, etc.

That's the only thing that I received from them in November. I checked Oct and Dec and there isn't anything about the November Coin.

You might try contacting them directly if you really need the back story on the coin

Good Luck,

Sorry I couldn't help

A bit of a late reply but as far as I can tell , the symbols on this cache are runes, a kind of nordic alphabet. Originaly written on stones to foresee the future .

That's as far as my knowledge goes. As I own this coin too , I'm always interested to hear more about this coins story.

My trade list

Edited by penumbra59

Yes, I had the pleasure to work on this design. Poor Pete went through the ringer to get the mint to accomplish the task or producing it though. The mints repeatedly said not a chance when we presented the artwork or changed it so much that it was really unrecognizable after they had their way with the design. After several attempts and a lucky break on a different design we realized the trick would be to use a 3d die rather than 2d to get all of the miniscule detail (particularly in the red area). All of the detail of both sides is ancient art and design from +- 5th century Anglo-Saxon people. I'll try and dig up my notes on this design as I remember it was quite a bit of complicated marriage, but all based on the ancient traveler and the dangers both real and imagined he faced in exploring his world.

Yes, I had the pleasure to work on this design. Poor Pete went through the ringer to get the mint to accomplish the task or producing it though. The mints repeatedly said not a chance when we presented the artwork or changed it so much that it was really unrecognizable after they had their way with the design. After several attempts and a lucky break on a different design we realized the trick would be to use a 3d die rather than 2d to get all of the miniscule detail (particularly in the red area). All of the detail of both sides is ancient art and design from +- 5th century Anglo-Saxon people. I'll try and dig up my notes on this design as I remember it was quite a bit of complicated marriage, but all based on the ancient traveler and the dangers both real and imagined he faced in exploring his world.

Sounds like a really intersting story :) Thy for telling so far. I am really curious what you come up with when you come across the notes. It´s probably gonna become even more interesting :D