Any cachers going to Coachella this year?

tvchick

(That's Coachella as in the over-hyped-but-I-still-love-it music festival.)

I don't know if this is even possible, but I thought it would be interesting to see if I could combine my geocaching hobby with my music addiction hobby. I'm sure it would be crazy to try do a brief event in that mass of people. Finding each other would be a D3 on a T1, or T1.5 if there's lots of litter everywhere, T2 if mudpools happen.

My random idea for the day. :huh:

(That's Coachella as in the over-hyped-but-I-still-love-it music festival.)

I don't know if this is even possible, but I thought it would be interesting to see if I could combine my geocaching hobby with my music addiction hobby. I'm sure it would be crazy to try do a brief event in that mass of people. Finding each other would be a D3 on a T1, or T1.5 if there's lots of litter everywhere, T2 if mudpools happen.

My random idea for the day. :huh:

I've never been to Coachella, but we've done several events at Burning Man over the years. It's doable, if there is a central place that is there every year (ie.main stage, the man, etc.) Then again the powers that be might not allow it as Coachella charges for the actual event, whereas BMan charges for the city infrastructer. I had to haggle with the moderator over it a couple of times. I guess you won't know until you try!

Edited by LostinReno