Where is Everyone?

ToonAl

What happened to everyone on the Canadian forum???

Where has everyone gone to? :huh:

I used to come here to read the discussions going on. Not everyone agreed and it was not always civil but that was half the fun. It was getting quite wild for a while.

Now for the last 6 months all I see is a bunch of viewed and non-replied to posts.

Is it because it is winter and you all moved to the Florida section? Half of you did not look that old.

Don't make me post some comment like "I think my iphone5 is better than an Android because it helps me find the amazing LPC's easier!!! Especially because I do not like to walk more than 47 metres to a cache."

Just wondering....(why do I hear an echo?)

ToonAl

ps. Don't tell me it is because you are out caching!!! There are at least 3 of you I know have to work to make a living, so you have lots of time to post.

Well... I've been touching here almost daily wondering the same thing. Always enjoyed things like the Canadian geocaching quiz and the Where in Canada quiz. I'm not much into arguing, but I do like to discuss or debate things. At least until things get nasty.

Of course caching doesn't take up much time over the winter, we had 3 new ones in the next town and I got all three of them, one FTF. First new ones since September or so. Busy area.

Of course it is WINTER here and we spend a lot of time digging out and thawing out. Also keeping ready to go out and retrieve the odd careless tourist/visitor takes some work and practice.

I don't know why you hear an echo from typing online... check out your house, I'm not there!

As for lively discussions, I'll make a late quote, old school.

>>Don't make me post some comment like "I think my iphone5 is better than an Android because it helps me find the amazing LPC's easier!!! Especially because I do not like to walk more than 47 metres to a cache."<<

You have people that will walk more than 47 metres to caches? :blink: Or should that be 4.7 metres to a cache?

Pardon me, I have to drift on to other things now, but will check back later!

Doug 7rxc

What happened to everyone on the Canadian forum???

Where has everyone gone to? :huh:

Don't make me post some comment like "I think my iphone5 is better than an Android because it helps me find the amazing LPC's easier!!! Especially because I do not like to walk more than 47 metres to a cache."

ToonAl

ps. Don't tell me it is because you are out caching!!! There are at least 3 of you I know have to work to make a living, so you have lots of time to post.

We were just walking 47 metres to T5 caches at the Hard Water Event on Chip Lake two weekends ago. It was only -20! http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?guid=d04d8838-5ae9-446a-afda-675c761592dd

Gotta love Winter!

mwellman from Alberta

Holy cow... I decide not to go for a few FTFs in the Greater Pickering Area because I decided to take my job seriously and I'm ridiculed for it, and now I'm castigated for not contributing to the forums on the company's dime :lol:

Avoiding the trolls I'd say.

There are conversations on Facebook, OGA Forums, COG forums, CCC forums.

Just not so much here.

There is a Facebook group dedicated to the region you live in (Durham Area Geocachers), and when I read the posts there I often think - WWTAS - What Would ToonAl Say? The other traditional forums are quiet compared to the FB groups, and these groups are more regionally focused, allowing for more focused posts. After all, nobody in Calgary wants to read "who's going for the new cache in Oshawa tonight?" Actually, nobody in Scarborough does either :blink: But I'm entertained because I know the people who are wasting my time.

I also belong to a BBM group of cachers which has been extremely entertaining; the activity on it has also died down considerably, and you know the reason why ... just like you Al, many of the group abandoned their Blackberrys for iPhones and Androids. But when the group is active, I can't put my BB down, now matter how esoteric the conversation. And because it's real-time, it's great, if someone can't find a cache or needs a tow truck, the response is immediate.

Well I am back in Calgary after a crazy adventrue in New Brunswick.

IMO, a forum for the entire country should be for the entire country ... Andronicus' topic being an excellent example. I'm seeing more "Canadian" stuff here lately, as opposed to discussions that really only appeal to a specific region WITHIN a specific region and are meaningless to the rest of the nation. And that's a good thing.

I am visiting family in Fort Frances, DNFing a bunch of T2+ caches.

I guess winter-accessible means something different up here.

I am back and it was an awesome trip. For the record, an iPhone will still work in -26 degrees Celsius, despite the device's documented operating parameters.

I now have three more districts knocked off for the Ontario challenge, two more off the Tequila 81 and my first out of province cache/souvenir.

I was 6 for 12 on the trip but the DNFs were just as awesome as the finds:

The Junction

Marsh Monster Mash Cache

Little Amik

Welcome to Fort Frances!

Ont. Amateur Radio Rptr Tour #26 - Sioux Narrows

O.P.P. Hangout