Geocaching to GSAK

hueyflyer & copilot

This is one of those dumb questions. I used and loved GSAK for several years. My wife and are getting back into caching again after a couple of years now that we are retired. I loaded the newest version of GSAK today and went through and selected several caches to do. Problem is I cannot figure out how to upload GCGs directly into GSAk. I am now saving them to a file and individually uploading them from the saved file. My recollection is that I uploaded them directly before.

Thanks

Jack Dickson (hueyflyer)

Sorry. My thinker went off the clock a couple of hours ago. What are you call a "GCG"? In the meantime, here's a lofty overview....

You can download individual GPX files for each cache and then load them all into GSAK in a batch or you can run a pocket query to get a bunch of caches at once in a single file and then load that file into GSAK.

You can find all kinds of GSAK-specific help at the GSAK forums at GSAK.net.

This is one of those dumb questions. I used and loved GSAK for several years. My wife and are getting back into caching again after a couple of years now that we are retired. I loaded the newest version of GSAK today and went through and selected several caches to do. Problem is I cannot figure out how to upload GCGs directly into GSAk. I am now saving them to a file and individually uploading them from the saved file. My recollection is that I uploaded them directly before.

Thanks

Jack Dickson (hueyflyer)

GCGs? If you want to download the cache from the listing with the "GPX File" button, associate the gpx extension with the GSAK application in windows. Doing so will facilitate opeing the GSAK application and the gpx file import function in GSAK.

The newer version of GSAK can also grab caches directly from the site, without using pocket queries or GPX files, using the geocaching API. The other day, I used the "get geocaches" function for the first time to set a circle on the map and grab caches within that radius. Worked pretty well.