Who can edit a waymark and when?

Wintertime

I head a category that just received a number of submissions from someone who made a bunch of typos. I thought I might offer to fix the typos for him, but when I click on "Edit" next to a submitted waymark's name, all the fields on the details page are grayed out. Do we have to accept the waymark before a group manager can edit it? Or can only the submitter edit a waymark? (From other discussions in this forum, I think the latter isn't the problem.)

I head a category that just received a number of submissions from someone who made a bunch of typos. I thought I might offer to fix the typos for him, but when I click on "Edit" next to a submitted waymark's name, all the fields on the details page are grayed out. Do we have to accept the waymark before a group manager can edit it? Or can only the submitter edit a waymark? (From other discussions in this forum, I think the latter isn't the problem.)

If you really want to OFFER to fix the typos, email the waymarker who posted the waymarks and ask.

You can edit them.

Only if a Waymark isn't approved already you have to cancel the submission; after that you can edit the Waymark (don't forget to resubmit).

Or you accept it first and edit it directly after.

Thanks, Lumbricus!

If a group manager cancels the submission, then the original submitter would have to do the editing and resubmission, right?

So if I wanted to edit it myself, I would have to accept it and then edit it?

...If a group manager cancels the submission, then the original submitter would have to do the editing and resubmission, right?...

You're welcome!

No, you can do the edit and the resubmission.

Just had a Waymark submitted to Ronald McDonald House category I am an officer of that needed a very minor edit to a link. I was confused by what the above means, so approved it, then immediately edited it. If I had cancelled the submission what would have happened to it? Could I then immediately edit it and there would be a "Resubmit Waymark" button where the cancel submission had been? Didn't want to cancel the submission and have it go away as his Lordship would have likely been one very unhappy Waymarker.

...If a group manager cancels the submission, then the original submitter would have to do the editing and resubmission, right?...

You're welcome!

No, you can do the edit and the resubmission.

Just had a Waymark submitted to Ronald McDonald House category I am an officer of that needed a very minor edit to a link. I was confused by what the above means, so approved it, then immediately edited it. If I had cancelled the submission what would have happened to it? Could I then immediately edit it and there would be a "Resubmit Waymark" button where the cancel submission had been? Didn't want to cancel the submission and have it go away as his Lordship would have likely been one very unhappy Waymarker.

The cancel mentioned is referring to the original submitter, they can cancel and make their own edits. When you are reviewing you can't cancel it, you can either approve it and make the edits (or indicated in the approval note the changes needed) or decline it and have the original submitter make the edits.