Page Counters

I was just paging through my caches and got to wondering how many visits each cache listing page gets. Not the number of logs, but it'd be neat to have a counter showing how many times each cache listing has been viewed. Possible? Feasible? Opinions?

There are free 3rd party web site hit counters that you can include in the HTML code for your cache listing pages. Just do an Internet search.

If you make a cache premium only you can access an audit which gives you a breakdown of caching names and the number of times that they've looked at the page. I only use it for my puzzles.

So far one cacher has looked at one of them over 140 times and still he hasn't logged it or asked me for any help.

The audit is only accessible by you (and possibly reviewers)

Edited by duncanhoyle

If you make a cache premium only you can access an audit which gives you a breakdown of caching names and the number of times that they've looked at the page. I only use it for my puzzles.

So far one cacher has looked at one of them over 140 times and still he hasn't logged it or asked me for any help.

I've been a premium member since a month after I started caching in the beginning of 2007 and have never used the audit log. I'm just not interested in seeing who has viewed the listings, especially if being able to do so means I have to make a specific cache PMO. What I would like to see is for a premium member to have the option of turning a audit log on/off on any cache they own independent of whether or not it's a PMO cache.

That is until the day that those of us in the anti-audit log community are successful in our efforts to have it removed. :laughing:

Seriously though, that would only give him page views for premium members, and allow only them to see it. Sure, just about everyone reading and posting to this forum, and just about every highly active cacher in your area is a premium member. But in the grand scheme of things? A small, most likely single digit percentage of all accounts are premium.

Yep, Google "free page counters", and a couple million things will come up. :P It would be nice if people with experience with good ones that are spam free/ad free made some suggestions.