Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Cholo

CCC Radio Operator

My dad told me that he was a radio operator during the 30's in the Civilian Conservation Corps. He said that only code was used. He may have been in a camp in Iowa or southwestern Michigan. He died in 1970, so all I know is what I remember him telling me. What kind of license was needed for this? Is there any way to find out if he had call letters for this? Any info would be appreciated.

Perhaps I can help a bit.....

HISTORY

HISTORY

CIA/OSS Training

There is plenty more. Like this.

Google Search.

Hope this gets you started. Too bad you didn't get more before your dad passed on. It is so important to get that history while you can. A local city gets retired folks to come to the library and just talk. You can learn a lot, if you just listen.

Mike. Desert_Warrior (aka KD9KC).

El Paso, Texas.

Citizens of this land may own guns. Not to threaten their neighbors, but to ensure themselves of liberty and freedom.

They are not assault weapons anymore... they are HOMELAND DEFENSE WEAPONS!

Thanks Mike. I've done searches on Google, but didn't find some of the sites you have. That's one problem with this type of searching, so much interesting stuff pops up that makes it easy to get side tracked. I was hoping to find someone with specific info. Let's face it, the CCC ended a long time ago and there probably aren't many radio operators left that were in it.

I can assure you I was not there. I was first licensed in 1972, in High School. That license expired in 1973 (old system) and I did not restart it till 1978 when I could afford my own radio. It has never lapsed since then. To me, up until you brought it up, CCC was Chicago Circle Campus.

Have a great day.

Mike. Desert_Warrior (aka KD9KC).

El Paso, Texas.

Citizens of this land may own guns. Not to threaten their neighbors, but to ensure themselves of liberty and freedom.

They are not assault weapons anymore... they are HOMELAND DEFENSE WEAPONS!