Marathon events worldwide

Dear co-waymarkers and runners,

did we ever think about a category for marathon events worldwide? As an active runner I know that there are only a view countries in the world without a yearly marathon event, from the big ones like New York marathon to the small ones like Bienwald marathon in Kandel, GER. Most of them are recurring events which have been established during the 1970s.

The category could be similar to the Festivals - at least once a year, same location, same game, you have to be part of the event to get a visit - as a runner or (also very, very important) watching and supporting the runners on the streets.

So what do you think?

Best Regards, Britta from the German team DieCacherGirls

As a runner who's run a marathon myself (Portland Marathon, 10/10/10), I think this would be a great category addition. I recently created a waymark in the 'Holiday Display's category and I know that this category is seasonal and can only be visited during a certain time of the year. A potential 'Marathons' category is a once-per-year event, and follows much the same idea. And as you stated, you don't have to be a runner to log a visit, you could be a volunteer in the race, a bystander cheering the runners on or any of the people that sponsor and support this annual event. With hundreds of marathons run all over the world and all throughout the year, the opportunity to 'visit' or log a marathon waymark is more common than one might think.

I say 'Run with it!' Hehehehe......

Let me know if I can be of any assistance, I've created a few categories of my own recently.

thebeav69

So what do you think?

My first thought is what are you Waymarking here? The start point? The end point? Any point along the path? (which I think is way too many possibilities)

Next, are any of these points interesting to visit when the race is not in progress? These questions raise some doubt in my mind.

The category could be similar to the Festivals - at least once a year, same location, same game, you have to be part of the event to get a visit - as a runner or (also very, very important) watching and supporting the runners on the streets.

Other times of the year, the location may not be interesting. But since the visit requires you to participate (much like the Festivals category), I think it would be a good waymark category.

Our marathon is very exciting during the race, and the other 364 days you can see the beautiful memorial that honors the victims of the 1995 OKC bombing and helps raise funds for the memorial.

My opinion is to waymark the start or finish line.

Wasn't there a forum discussion about marathons a year or two ago?

Good luck with the category.

Could the plaque or memorial (or permanent distance markers) be waymarked outside of the event dates?

Could the category include similar events which are not 42.2k such as the Boilermaker 15k race in Utica, New York, with 14000 runners?

Are iron-distance triathlons included since the final portion is a marathon run?

VERY great idea, elyob, in fact, my girlfriend suggested I think about including additional non-marathon related events, such as triathlons, biathlons, cycling events (like the MS rides in my state of Oregon which includes the Cycle Oregon event), and numerous other biking/running/swimming events. She used to do the Boston-NYC Ride years ago to support AIDS awareness.

With that said, there would have to be a proper category title to combine all of these events into one all-inclusive category that combines any biking/running/swimming or any combination of all three). With so many of these events supporting some cause or issue in the world, I'm sure many have a plaque or dedication marker or monument that could complement the Start or Finish Line waymark.

What do you folks think?? I think this could be a great category and by including the biking/swimming events in addition to running events, it just adds even more 'waymarkable' locations around the world!

:)

VERY great idea, elyob, in fact, my girlfriend suggested I think about including additional non-marathon related events, such as triathlons, biathlons, cycling events (like the MS rides in my state of Oregon which includes the Cycle Oregon event), and numerous other biking/running/swimming events. She used to do the Boston-NYC Ride years ago to support AIDS awareness.

With that said, there would have to be a proper category title to combine all of these events into one all-inclusive category that combines any biking/running/swimming or any combination of all three). With so many of these events supporting some cause or issue in the world, I'm sure many have a plaque or dedication marker or monument that could complement the Start or Finish Line waymark.

What do you folks think?? I think this could be a great category and by including the biking/swimming events in addition to running events, it just adds even more 'waymarkable' locations around the world!

:)

I have to admit that my first thought was the same as thebeav's girlfriend. I like the idea of the category, but limiting it just to marathons would be too narrow of a category. I do think it should include the variety of "marathon type" races; many of the listed by thebeav. I think that would increase the interest in the category by widening the possibilities.

I also think handling it like the festival and christmas lights categories would be the right way to handle it, unless specific locations had some sort of commemoration plaque or something that distinguishes the site as either the starting line or finish line.

Looking forward to seeing a write up. Good luck!

Old Forum -> Mass Participation Sporting Events

The idea is not new but I think great! Go for it. :grin:

Nice research, lumbricus! I really like the title that was proposed back then as well, Mass Participation Sporting Events. This category could conceivably include ANY athletic sporting event that is held annually and 'might' require a minimum participation number to qualify as a legitimate waymark. I personally have a small issue with the 'limiting the number of participants to a certain number'. There are many smaller, hometown non mass-participation events worldwide and many have had an annual presence for many years, so it seems a little unfair not to include them.

This potential category requires a good category writeup to appeal to those waymarkers who may not necessarily participate in a sporting event but would acknowledge that many other waymarkers would. Chances are that most waymarkers live just a few miles from one of these types of events (my hometown has a few mini-triathlons and running events every year, with an average of about 100-150 participants in each event) and could make an effort to attend one, even as a spectator, and waymark it for others to enjoy. This is what Waymarking should be about: Showing off a bit of local knowledge, history or activity for other waymarkers to appreciate and inviting them to visit these places themselves. :)

We have attended/participated in a gazillion road races, but I'm just not convinced those smaller "Mass participation sporting events" should be included in this category. I don't think I've ever been to one with less than 150 participants!

I would still support the category if these smaller races were included (heck, I could get a bunch of waymarks out of them!).

Great idea I think. I agree that the coordinates should be at the start/end. But remembering my one and only marathon back in 1998 I would suggest that you should be able to log a waymark like this anywere on the route. You sure need some support not only it the beginning or at the end. So take a picture of the runners (or run yourself) from anywere on the route woudl make sense for me.

I do think this general idea has a lot of merit. I sure Bruces hesitance about event-type categories, but we do have a small group of them.

I think it would be wise to be cautious about making the category TOO broad. If ALL types of mass participation sporting events are included, we'll end up with something to unwieldy.

I would suggest keeping the original emphasis on marathons. This can be broadened to include other distances races such as half-marathons, 15k races or whatever. It could be broadened to include other running events that add other elements such as the triathalons. I think adding things like cycling races, boat races, dogsled races, swimming races, hot air balloon races, or ice skating races casts the net too wide.

Perhaps these could be included in the Festivals category, but really deserve their own category. I do like the requirement that the waymark must be created at the time of the actual even with event photos. Otherwise the waymarks could be very boring. I don't think participation should be a requirement either for creating or visiting a waymark.

These should be established events that are held annually or at some other regular interval. Special event races might not qualify.

To be consistent, I think only starting or ending points should be accepted for the coordinates. You might even consider allowing TWO waymarks per event-start and finish. (This could be indicated in the waymark name). You could allow this only from two different waymarkers or from the same person. I've seen it done both ways when multiple waymarks are allowed.

Just my initial thoughts on this idea.

Dear colleagues,

many, many thanks for your valuable contributions!

I think the coordinates should be at the start and/or at the finish line (if they are different), indicated in the WM title e.g. "Start of Bienwald marathon - Kandel, Germany";

"Finish of Bienwald marathon - Kandel, Germany";"

"Start/Finish of Bienwald marathon - Kandel, Germany".

Photos should be from the running event and include some runners :-)

I'm still unsure about the distance; maybe all recurring running events from 10 km to ultra distance would make sense?

And I'm also unsure about including other disciplines; triathlon and diathlon (run & bike or run & swim) seem possible to enable more waymark submissions.

Well, to discuss this in detail I created the group "RunnersWorldwide" and opened enrollment, if you are interested to work on a category.

Best regards, Britta from DieCacherGirls

I like it--and including the other events. Indianapolis hosts a gigantic mini-marathon every year in conjunction with the Indianapolis 500 and while I'm not a runner, it's fun to watch. What about annual fundraising walks/runs etc., like the Susan Komen Race for the Cure that are held in many cities across the country? Does this need a separate category can it be combined?

Diane

I don't see the point of Waymarking something that can only be seen once a year. Not to say that not every marathon starts and ends in the same spot every year. I feel the same about the existing categories that are similar.

Hey tmob--that's the joy of Waymarking. My partner and I really like the festivals category and other once a year categories because we trust the opinions of other waymarkers in looking for things to do. We would go out of our way to visit a festival that another waymarker had posted with a favorable review. On the other hand, I have no interest in fast foods or Wal-Marts, so we screen those out. Appeal is a subjective thing!

Diane

Just to throw in my ideas (again), the more I think about it, the more I believe the category should be limited to marathons. I prefer sharply defined categories. Globally, I would guestimate that there are at least several hundred regular marathons. Enough to make the category viable. Also, and as importantly, the marathon holds a unique place in human history, and in western culture. It was the first marathon runner Pheidippides, who ran to seek assistance from the Spartans to counter the Persian invasion of Greece in 490 BC.

Dear runners,

with the help of lumbricus and elyob we created a draft for the new category, trying to include all forum remarks (unfortunately some are oppositional e.g. marathon only versus broader scope of events). This is the version of Thursday morning, please review and comment, every opinion is welcome!

Best regards, Britta (for the new group RunnersWorldwide)

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Running Events Worldwide

This category collects recurring running events around the world. Included are all classical running distances and also triathlon/duathlon where running is a major part.

Please define the waymark that should be placed in this category:

All classical running distances are welcome and also charity runs like race for the cure. For triathlon/duathlon events the coordinated mark the start or finish line of the running part of the event (usually a transition zone). Coordinates mark the start line or the finish line (if it is not a curcuit) of the runners in particular to make it easy for spectators. The recurrence of the running event is at least annual with consistent location.

Please list any specific requirements for posting a new waymark in this category:

You shall attend the running event (you don't have to run) and post at least one picture of the event as it is going on with runners on it.

Post at least one picture of a sign, a running number or the start/finish portal with the running event logo on it.

All posts to this category must include the GPS coordinates taken by the waymarker himself at the start or finish line and state this in the waymark title e.g. "Start of Bienwald marathon - Kandel, Germany"; "Finish of Bienwald marathon - Kandel, Germany";" "Start/Finish of Bienwald marathon - Kandel, Germany". Start and finish can be two waymarks if the distance between both is more than a mile.

A long description is needed, please inform us about the running event, its history, the organizer, the participation fee, etc.

Please credit all sources. Quoted material can generally be used as long as it is clearly indicated as such (quotation marks are the accepted way to do this) and the source identified with URL for a web page if it is the source.

Please list any specific requirements for posting a new log for waymarks of this category:

You shall attend the running event and post a picture of the event as it is going on with runners on it. A sign, a running number or the start/finish portal with the running event logo on it is appreciated.

VARIABLES:

Distance of this running event (Radio Button List)

Is this running event part of a triathlon/duathlon? (Yes/No/I Don't Know)

In which month(s) does this running event happen? (Short Textbox)

What makes this running event unique? (Multi-line Textbox)

Website of this running event (Web Address or URL)

The posting and visiting instructions look fine to me.

But the definition of a running event is by far not clear enough.

What are the classical distances? Is it only about long distance or is a 100 meters run viable? What if I come across an annual 63.7 kilometers race?

Is cross country included? Trail running? Orienteering?

You are talking about public/mass events, I think, but it is not clear. Are events like an IAAF Diamond League event viable?

There's a bunch of special/uncommon running events: Stiletto Run? Tower Running?

When you are familiar with something you easily overlook the grey zones at the border. Everybody knows what a Marathon is; it is more important to show the limits of what can be accepted.

Hello fi67,

thanks a lot for your input! I prefer limiting the running events to ROAD RACES (as a running event or as part of triathlon/duathlon) for distances shorter than marathon. This definition will exclude tower runs, orienteering and cross country automatically. For marathon and longer the ground/substrate should not be limited to roads, otherwise we will loose famous races like Badwater ultra or chinese wall marathon.

Regarding the distance you are right, "classical" is misleading. Maybe we should focus on those distances:

10 kilometers

12 kilometers

15 kilometers

10 miles

20 kilometers

Half Marathon

25 kilometers

30 kilometers

Marathon

Ultramarathon

In general we could say, that we won't accept distances shorter that 10 kilometers (to give 33,33 km road races like the German "Syltlauf" a chance).

Best regards, Britta

Once these additions are in the description it will be much better. I do not really care what exactly you decide, but you need to tell it. One of the most frustrating things in Waymarking are denials caused by incomplete descriptions. Sometimes things seem obvious, but you never know how this is seen by someone else.

So this is a category for public long distance runs with a minimum distance of 10 kms (of the running part in case of combos like e.g. triathlons). I think I got it now :D

Good luck with your category!

Looks quite good, but still, two thoughts:

1) Why limit it to road runs for distances shorter than marathon? The biggest running event in my area is the "Hermannslauf", an annual 31.1 km run from the Hermannsdenkmal monument near Detmold to Sparrenburg castle in Bielefeld. It has 7.000 participants each year and most of them are "classical" marathon or long distance runners, not so much cross country. BUT only part of the route is on what you would call a "road". It is mostly on a broad hiking trail through the forest, partly it is paved, partly it is not. The general character however is marathon or half marathon, and it would be a pity to have this excluded, only because it is mostly not on a "road".

2) I remember from the discussion that there was a strong emphasis on the "mass participation" aspect, but I find little of that in the description. Will there be a defined limit to the minimum number of participants (e.g. 1.000) an event must have in order to qualify? Of course one could argue about the exact number, but I feel there should be some definition for what is regarded as "mass participation".

And finally, a more technical issue: For non-circular runs, will there be only ONE waymark accepted (for either the start OR the finish), or would TWO waymarks (for both the start PLUS the finish) be ok?

1) Why limit it to road runs for distances shorter than marathon? The biggest running event in my area is the "Hermannslauf", an annual 31.1 km run from the Hermannsdenkmal monument near Detmold to Sparrenburg castle in Bielefeld. It has 7.000 participants each year and most of them are "classical" marathon or long distance runners, not so much cross country. BUT only part of the route is on what you would call a "road". It is mostly on a broad hiking trail through the forest, partly it is paved, partly it is not. The general character however is marathon or half marathon, and it would be a pity to have this excluded, only because it is mostly not on a "road".

2) I remember from the discussion that there was a strong emphasis on the "mass participation" aspect, but I find little of that in the description. Will there be a defined limit to the minimum number of participants (e.g. 1.000) an event must have in order to qualify? Of course one could argue about the exact number, but I feel there should be some definition for what is regarded as "mass participation".

And finally, a more technical issue: For non-circular runs, will there be only ONE waymark accepted (for either the start OR the finish), or would TWO waymarks (for both the start PLUS the finish) be ok?

Perhaps the wording could be something like...mass participation (of greater than ??? participants) running events (not cross-country or trail running) of a distance of 10k or longer...

Point-to-point events could have two waymarks: start and finish areas.

Dear runners,

we did it again :) Please review the updated version.

I have very limited online access this weekend so there is plenty time to think; probably we get the category live next week, if there are no showstoppers.

Best regards, Britta

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Running Events Worldwide

Description:

This category collects recurring running events around the world. Included are all public long distance runs with a minimum distance of 10 kilometers and also triathlon/duathlon where running 10 km minimum is included.

Expanded Description:

All running distances with 10 kilometers and longer are welcome (not cross-country or trail running, not indoor course). The recurrence of the running event is at least annual with consistent location. There shall be more than 100 participants and the event must be public.

Coordinates mark the start line or the finish line (if it is not a curcuit) of the runners in particular to make it easy for spectators. For triathlon/duathlon events the coordinates mark the start or finish line of the running part of the event (usually a transition zone).

Instructions for Posting a Running Events Worldwide Waymark:

You shall attend the running event (you don't have to run) and post at least one picture of the event as it is going on with runners on it.

Post at least one picture of a sign, a running number or the start/finish portal with the running event logo on it.

All posts to this category must include the GPS coordinates taken by the waymarker at the start or finish line and state this in the waymark title e.g. "Start of Bienwald marathon - Kandel, Germany"; "Finish of Bienwald marathon - Kandel, Germany";" "Start/Finish of Bienwald marathon - Kandel, Germany". Start and finish can be two waymarks if the distance between both is more than a mile.

A long description is needed, please inform us about the running event, its history, the organizer, the participation fee, etc.

Please credit all sources. Quoted material can generally be used as long as it is clearly indicated as such (quotation marks are the accepted way to do this) and the source identified with URL for a web page if it is the source.

Instructions for Visiting a Waymark in this Category:

You shall attend the running event and post a picture of the event as it is going on with runners on it. A sign, a running number or the start/finish portal with the running event logo on it is appreciated.

Category Settings:

Waymarks can be added to this category

New waymarks of this category are reviewed by the category group prior to being published

Category is visible in the directory

Variables:

Distance of this running event

Is this running event part of a triathlon/duathlon?

In which month(s) does this running event happen?

What makes this running event unique?

Website of this running event

Coordinates mark the start line or the finish line (if it is not a curcuit) of the runners in particular to make it easy for spectators. For triathlon/duathlon events the coordinates mark the start or finish line of the running part of the event (usually a transition zone).

Start and finish can be two waymarks if the distance between both is more than a mile.

What makes this running event unique?

Website of this running event

A few comments, on words bolded red:

1. Circuit?

2. The category description uses Kilometers throughout, except this one sentence uses mile. It seems a little inconsistent.

3. I don't like this as a variable: "What makes this running event unique?" It seems better to have this included in the long description.

Just to clarify: to VISIT the waymark you only need to include one photo of the event in progress. The other pics are just suggestions, correct?

Good job on the write-up and good luck with the category.

I'm ok with that description.

Circuit seems to be clear: A circular course where start and finish fall into one.

Indeed, the mention of "mile" is odd with all other distances measured in km. But I like the idea of a clear definition of a minimum distance. I'd make it 1 km or 2 km, and I don't think it matters which. With circular runs, it will most always be less than one kilometer, and with point-to-point runs it will be much larger anyway. Don't think there's much in between.

For 2 reasons, I'd like to keep "What makes this running event unique?" as a variable.

1) It reminds the waymarker to include this aspect, much more than asking to put it in the long description would.

2) It helps to find this information when looking at the waymark. You'll know where to find it and don't have to read through the bulk of the text. After all, you can still include it in the long description and repeat the keywords in the variable.

Good luck with this, I'd love to see this as a category soon.

Dear runners,

thanks for all your remarks! After a last update I put it on officer vote today, so it will soon appear on peer review.

It was a pleasure working together with so many of you on the category texts over continents and time zones.

Keep on being that nice to Waymarking newbies!

Best regards, Britta

Peer review is not going well. Should we be discouraged?

FYI, if the category included 5k events and events with less than 100 runners, my city alone would include over 100 potential waymarks in the category.

Edited by elyob

Dear colleagues,

I would like to comment on some comments from the peer review ongoing.

1) "Limited availability":

Well, yes, this is also true for other fair, festival and event categories, but they are all compliant to the 4 rules of peer review.

2) "Disabled waymarkers":

Of course, anyone is able to submit a waymark and/or a visit, you only have to be a spectator. BTW: there are lots of running events with >10k distance including shorter distances or wheelchair runs; you may tell us all about this in the description.

3) "global":

Currently there may be some very few countries without >10k running events which are public or without any public running events at all, but think about the future!

4) "not the same starting point every year":

Hmmm... seems to be an interesting exception. We will think about it.

5) "parts of long distances are cross-country"

It is quite common for distances longer than half marathon that there are some parts on roads and other parts on trails, so the Australian example mentioned is welcome as a waymark.

As always - any comment helping us to get the category text more precise is welcome!

Best Regards, Britta

I am disappointed with the way peer review goes. Not so much because of the number of "nay" votes, but because of the reasons given for them. Comments show that the vast majority of those voting "no" either

- haven't read the category description at all

- haven't quite understood the general concept of a "limited availability" category

- or base their vote on personal dislikes of the subject rather than the quality of the category.

As I'm quite new here, I wonder is this the usual thing with peer review?

I've got several ideas for new categories myself, but must confess I feel very discouraged to propose any of them.

I am disappointed with the way peer review goes. Not so much because of the number of "nay" votes, but because of the reasons given for them. Comments show that the vast majority of those voting "no" either

- haven't quite understood the general concept of a "limited availability" category

- or base their vote on personal dislikes of the subject rather than the quality of the category.

I've got several ideas for new categories myself, but must confess I feel very discouraged to propose any of them.

Peer Review can be brutal, but it's much less brutal if you allow a discussion of your category idea in the forums first. There are several instances where someone (usually new to Waymarking) will have an idea for a new category, not realizing that it's already been discussed in the forums. The forums can save you a lot of trouble in that regard.

And yes, a lot of personal opinion is given in peer review, but as someone recently stated, what can we give, BUT our personal opinion?

I've had waymarks declined for the SOLE reason that, in the officer's opinion, it wasn't an appropriate waymark. It most definitely fit the requirements, but they felt it wasn't "family friendly" enough for the site. Even officers will decline waymarks based on their personal opinions, and that ventures into personal opinions in peer review as well. It'll always be that way.

But please don't let that discourage you from suggesting categories in the forums. We've had some great ones lately, and love to hear more ideas. We'll tell you if we don't think it'll work, but we'll also tell you if we love the idea!

I am disappointed with the way peer review goes. Not so much because of the number of "nay" votes, but because of the reasons given for them. Comments show

We are sure that we understand the general concept of a "limited availability" category.

We are just as sure that we will not vote in support of having any more.

Happy Waymarking :)

Welcome to the dark side of Waymarking! :ph34r:

The Runners category could have done much worse, it was well discussed and worked out, that helped. But you never know how a vote will end.

There's always a number of misinformed nay votes and I guess just as many misinformed yea votes, they just do not have to tell their thoughts. And there are always people who translate "global" and "prevalent" to "in my back yard". And there are people who think we already have too many categories anyway.

There are a lot of possible reasons for nay votes that lie outside of the four criteria. I think it's legitimate, they are a guideline, not the constitution. In the end almost all votes are subjective, some cloak theirs better than others.

But Don't let them discourage you! If you have a good idea there is always a chance that it will make it.

I tell you my procedure of category creation: When I have an idea, I try to bring it down and kill it.

Find every possible reason why this idea is not as good as you thought in the beginning, if it is not better than the current average it will not enhance Waymarking as a whole and it's not worth it; find all potential problems and obstacles; treat it as your enemy! Most probably this will work and you have saved a lot of time and energy. :laughing:

In the rare case that the idea is still alive after three to six months, then it's maybe strong enough and can go to the forum for discussion.

Dear Waymarkers,

we understand that categories will not be liked by everyone. We also could list a lot of categories which we don't like. But keep in mind that even if there are only a few people having fun with that category (and there are people who want to have this category), this should be respected and it also will enrich the Waymarking game. If you don't like a category, you are free not to submit waymarks for it. This is the way we are doing it.

By the way many review comments mentioned the limited availability as a reason for denial. But this kind of categories (e.g. fairs, festivals and shows etc.) is already established and was not invented by us.

We also read that we should have discussed the idea in the forum before putting it to peer review. If you look at the start of this thread the discussion started alreday in January and we adopted all suggestions we got. We put the whole category draft text into the forum.

We still hope that the people who are interested in having fun with this category will be able to submit waymarks in the future.

Best Regards,

Britta and Renate (two of the Cacher Girls)

Dear Waymarkers,

we understand that categories will not be liked by everyone. We also could list a lot of categories which we don't like. But keep in mind that even if there are only a few people having fun with that category (and there are people who want to have this category), this should be respected and it also will enrich the Waymarking game. If you don't like a category, you are free not to submit waymarks for it. This is the way we are doing it...

Well written!

Concerning the many comments accompanying the negative votes, is there a Waymarking regulation which states that a waymark must be permanent?

Similarly, is there a Waymarking regulation which states that a waymark can be visited by a waymarker at any time?

The race courses that we wish to waymark are permanent. The start and finish co-ordinates do not vary from event to event. In fact, many of these courses have permanent features that exist between the running of the races. As examples, the 15k Boilermaker in Utica NY has permanent mile-markers on display. The blue lines that mark marathon courses such as the New York City marathon are visible all year long. However, Waymarking only those race courses which have permanent features is too small as a group to be global. Waymarking any permanent courses during the race events allows for global Waymarking.

Dear Waymarkers,

we understand that categories will not be liked by everyone. We also could list a lot of categories which we don't like. But keep in mind that even if there are only a few people having fun with that category (and there are people who want to have this category), this should be respected and it also will enrich the Waymarking game. If you don't like a category, you are free not to submit waymarks for it. This is the way we are doing it.

In that case there would be no point of having a peer review.

By the way many review comments mentioned the limited availability as a reason for denial. But this kind of categories (e.g. fairs, festivals and shows etc.) is already established and was not invented by us.

I bet that the existing categories, with limited availability, would have serious difficulties on getting through peer review if it happen today.

Things change, and Waymarking has changed. For example, many of the last commercial categories (especially chains) were rejected in the peer review.

Edited by tmob

In that case there would be no point of having a peer review.

Dear tmob,

thank you for your reply.

Our last posting does not mean that a peer review is unnecessary. It is always good and valuable to get feedback from experts. Therefore we published our category idea already in January in this forum. We wanted to get as most feedback from experts as possible.

And also during the peer review period we appreciate every feedback helpful to improve and rework the category.

But to be honest "Deny" comments like

- not really

- no global

- Nope, IMHO no good idea. Pretty far away from what we consider a waymark, sorry

- doesn't seem a good idea

do not help to improve this category.

Best Regards from Germany,

Britta and Renate