Next milestone in sight! ~ 450,000 ~

lumbricus

* looks at 1103 pictures in 'to-do' box....

hmmm, maybe should get some of these done :P

Wow! I need to get more organized. I know that I have a lot of pictures laying in wait, but that is awesome that you know how many you have! Heck, I don't even have a to do box!

It's cool that even in a hobby/addiction that we all share and never actually see each other, I can still learn so much from all you guys - If I just remember to pay attention.

Wow! I need to get more organized. I know that I have a lot of pictures laying in wait, but that is awesome that you know how many you have! Heck, I don't even have a to do box!

It's cool that even in a hobby/addiction that we all share and never actually see each other, I can still learn so much from all you guys - If I just remember to pay attention.

lol, its just the count on the side bar of my photo folder,.. not a todo waymark count, I wish :anitongue:

lol, its just the count on the side bar of my photo folder,.. not a todo waymark count, I wish :anitongue:

I have all of my pictures organized by the date that I took them, so when I visit a waymark, I'm using the date that I took the picture. The problem is that when I see a waymark that I know I took a picture of and go to claim my visit, I sometimes forget which date that I stopped there. This especially happens when it is somewhere in my home area - areas that I've been to multiple times, taking pictures of this and that each time. Pictures of opportunity, I sometimes call them. I really don't have the same problem with pictures I've taken while traveling. I tend to remember those dates.

I thought maybe you had an actual "to do" folder, with an organized way of determining which waymark you'd submit next. I just thought, "Now that's organized!" After I responded to your post, I was hoping you didn't think I was being sarcastic. That's one of the problems with communicating with the written word. You can't always be sure what the intent of the writer was.

Quite often, I'll notice that someone has posted a new waymark that I've previously taken a picture of - and never gotten around to submitting it myself - and I'll go and claim a visit. Then it gets me thinking about the other things I took pictures of in that area, and, if I have time, I'll submit a few in the area. Yeah, I know, not very organized, eh?

Yep, great job, Ian! The ball is rolling fast, and you've helped us along the way with so many great waymarks from SE Asia - and Australia too. (Hope to get my first ones up from Thailand soon).

I think we'll hit the half-million mark this year--probably sooner than later. Be assured that the good guys at Groundspeak are taking notice!

I won't say how big my backlog is, except that it roughly equals the number of waymarks I've already posted. I keep a master spreadsheet so each waymark is listed with category, place, subject and coords. Early on I tried keeping separate folders for each category, but later abandoned that idea. It is much easier to work through a folder of photos sequentially matching them up with the waymarks. I could have planned a better system, esp. for labeling photos, but I get by.