Geocaching.com site update January 22nd 2013

Read the last update's Release Notes

Release Notes

New languages are in, finding hotels are out.

• Geocaching adds to two more languages to our stable of translations. Now you'll be able to select near complete site translations of Greek and Romanian – and in 16 others - in the Geocaching.com drop down languages menu.
  • "Find nearby Hotels" on geocache pages finds retirement. You'll no longer see the link on geocache pages. We are expecting a slight increase in performance on the site by removing the link.

Other news:

• Geocaching community volunteers add another tool to their tool belts to help increase efficiency.
  • CITO dates announced and added to geocaching.com/cito
  • Fix to the slideshow arrows on really small images. The arrows now display properly on very small images; the slideshow would work before by registering any click on the left (back) side of the image or the right (forward) side of the image, but you wouldn't see the arrow indicating that the function was there. The arrows are now visible even in small images.

Release Notes

• Geocaching adds to two more languages to our stable of translations. Now you'll be able to select near complete site translations of Greek and Romanian – and in 16 others - in the Geocaching.com drop down languages menu.
  • "Find nearby Hotels" on geocache pages finds retirement. You'll no longer see the link on geocache pages. We are expecting a slight increase in performance on the site by removing the link.

Other news:

• Geocaching community volunteers add another tool to their tool belts to help increase efficiency.
  • Fix to the slideshow arrows on really small images. The arrows now display properly on very small images; the slideshow would work before by registering any click on the left (back) side of the image or the right (forward) side of the image, but you wouldn't see the arrow indicating that the function was there. The arrows are now visible even in small images.

I can see unpublished cache icons on the map.

Reported in this thread

Release Notes

Other news:

I can see unpublished cache icons on the map.

Reported in this thread

And it's been fixed...

For the last couple of days, I have stopped getting any geocaching emails of my own caches found or anything on my watch list...including new caches published! What happened?

I'm still getting them (just for the record)

My fault...sorry...operator error...I hit the spam button accidentally.