Whats the best GPS

Hello

Im new at geocaching and im wondering what would be the best and cheapest geocaching gps to buy....??

I want it to be a well known brand and reliable

Suggestions please.........??

Thanks Sam

How much can you spend? I love my montana 600 especially for it's big screen, but it is still rather high priced. What are your priorities. I recommend garmins because of the free maps available.

Hello

Im new at geocaching and im wondering what would be the best and cheapest geocaching gps to buy....??

I want it to be a well known brand and reliable

Suggestions please.........??

Thanks Sam

How much can you spend? I love my montana 600 especially for it's big screen, but it is still rather high priced. What are your priorities. I recommend garmins because of the free maps available.

I love garmin that's basicly the only brand ill go with I want to try spend under $250 but I might go up to $300 im only 13 so I don't have that much money

I love garmin that's basicly the only brand ill go with I want to try spend under $250 but I might go up to $300 im only 13 so I don't have that much money

Garmin Etrex 20. Does everything really well and at under 200 bucks.

brilliant that's the one I was looking at

cool

Hi. I have played with the etrex 20 which is nice, but I would recommend a refurbished oregon 450

If you are looking at the Etrex 20, here is some good reference material to aid you in making a decision:

http://gpsinformation.info/penrod/etrex30/etrex30.html

The eTrex 20 ($199) adds the mapping option, while the eTrex 30 is the top of the line in this series ($299), sporting an electronic compass, barometric altimeter and the ability to wirelessly share waypoints and tracks with compatible Garmin units. The new eTrex series includes all of the recent improvments to Garmin units, such as the Oregon, Dakota and 62/78 series. (Paperless geocaching, multiple mapsets, Garmin's BirdsEye imagery, Garmin Custom Maps) A new feature in the eTrex is the ability to receive GLONASS satellite signals (the Russian version of GPS), which gives users more satellites to acquire data from. This can improve satellite reception, especially in canyons and under heavy tree cover.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Peoria Bill:>)

cool

What these guys said, x1000 :)

cool

Hi. I have played with the etrex 20 which is nice, but I would recommend a refurbished oregon 450

Definitely go with the Oregon 450 over the eTrex 20....