Geotribes - All your trackable locations on the map

The Blorenges

A facebook friend recently put up a link to GeoTribes.

I think it's a very useful site for anyone who enjoys their trackables and has a few out travelling the world.

I've joined up. You have to allow the site to download your trackable information from geocaching.com This took several minutes for my 162 items but it only has to do that once.

Here are a couple of screen shots from my own page:

a63767f7-fa7b-4b75-9c01-5b672c28ac70.jpg

If you click on any one of the individual pins, you get a red track line showing that item's movements:

6ce9297c-90a3-49d3-9c4a-61df4fa2f85a.jpg

I hope some other cachers will enjoy the site too. :)

MrsB

I think it's a very useful site for anyone who enjoys their trackables and has a few out travelling the world.

I've joined up. You have to allow the site to download your trackable information from geocaching.com This took several minutes for my 162 items but it only has to do that once.

MrsB

That's really cool. If you release additional trackables you'd have to redo the download, I'd imagine. Right?

MrsB

That's really cool. If you release additional trackables you'd have to redo the download, I'd imagine. Right?

Good question - I don't know, I hadn't thought about that... Maybe if it's just one or two added at a time perhaps it can cope with those few additions each time you log it.

MrsB :)

Whoops. Getting network errors. Think I killed it.

If I had to guess, I'd say it was our tracker coin that did it.

edit: it's back up, nifty! But the "countries visited" doesn't seem to work so well. Overall it says we've visited 0, yet it shows one of our coins visiting 35, another 32 (should be 35), etc.

Still neat to see 'em all in one palce, though, even if it's not 100% accurate.

Here's the saddest stat, though...

Health Monitor

Description %

In a Cache 38 %

On the Move 15 %

Unknown 44 %

At Home 3 %

Edited by hzoi

MrsB

Good question - I don't know, I hadn't thought about that... Maybe if it's just one or two added at a time perhaps it can cope with those few additions each time you log it.

MrsB :)

I remembered that I had 1 or 2 unactivated TBs, so I activated one to test this and it was picked up right away. No need to redo the dodwnload, at least for 1 new trackable.

For me, it only finds 24... I have 65.

I don't think it tracks those that are in your collection

Are all 65 activated? It only tracks the ones you have activated. ... I think... :unsure:

CF30

Yes... all activated. Some in my possession... maybe that's why?

They should all show up, if they're activated to your account. The ones I have activated which are here in my collection show up with a blue house symbol next to them.

953c2e21-3859-4bcb-ad4d-00dc25a767de.jpg

They may still be working out some bugs.

All 222 of our bugs ended up loading, but we're still seeing a problem with total countries visited. The countries each bug has visited will display just fine, but the total countries in the summary column at upper left still shows zero. I'm guessing it should be around 50 at this point, because our tracker geocoin has 35 countries by itself, and other bugs have gone many places we haven't.