Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TheCat

Seti@home

Before I start please feel free to remove this post if it is in the wrong forum but it is the only one I could see to post it in. I have just set up a seti@home team for any geocachers from around the world to join if they wish. It is called Geocachers of the world unite. The URL to the page is here http://setiathome.ssl.berkeley.edu/stats/team/team_167979.html

Oh by the way I am a radio ham based in the UK call sign M1CJW. So 73s and sorry if I hav eposted this in the wrong forum.

Mark (TheCat)

www.geocacheuk.com

Officially recognized by Groundspeak and Geocaching.com

Well, first off, I think while your post here is not out of line, for the most part only the geocaching hams will read it.

You would get a much broader audience in the GENERAL forum. You might try copying this post over there.

Are you familiar with AMSAT? (The AMateur SATellite community) They have been doing the SETI thing for millions of collective hours. When I read a post about a year ago that SETI had so many volunteers they were processing data 6 or more times just to give volunteers something to process, I quit. Dunno if it is still true, you might check.

Welcome to the ham forum. Jump in any time.

Mike. Desert_Warrior (aka KD9KC).

El Paso, Texas.

Citizens of this land may own guns. Not to threaten their neighbors, but to ensure themselves of liberty and freedom.

They are not assault weapons anymore... they are HOMELAND DEFENSE WEAPONS!