GeoTour gpx and route incomplete problem

geo.sweetie

I am interested in completing one of the GeoTours: http://www.geocaching.com/adventures/geotours/coloradosouthpark

I want to end up with a pocket query of just the 50 caches in the tour. I downloaded the gpx file to my computer but when I try to upload that file as a route to my profile I get a message that says the route is incomplete.

I run pocket queries all the time from my profile. I use the geocaching app on my iPhone to download the queries to my phone and off I go.

How can I get the gpx data of only those 50 caches for this tour into my iPhone?

thank you!

I downloaded the gpx file to my computer but when I try to upload that file as a route to my profile I get a message that says the route is incomplete.

That's because the GPX file doesn't contain a route. It contains the 50 caches. The caches-along-a-route function can't do anything with a bunch of caches.

If you were using pretty much anything but an iPhone to cache, you'd already be good to go. Unfortunately, Groundspeak hasn't given us a method of loading a GPX file into their iPhone app. The functionality exists, they just haven't included it in the app.

I think what you'll have to do is make a bookmark list of the 50 caches, then run a PQ of that. Tedious, yes, but at least you can be glad you aren't going after the Gold Country GeoTour, which includes 143 caches!

I downloaded the gpx file to my computer but when I try to upload that file as a route to my profile I get a message that says the route is incomplete.

That's because the GPX file doesn't contain a route. It contains the 50 caches. The caches-along-a-route function can't do anything with a bunch of caches.

If you were using pretty much anything but an iPhone to cache, you'd already be good to go. Unfortunately, Groundspeak hasn't given us a method of loading a GPX file into their iPhone app. The functionality exists, they just haven't included it in the app.

I think what you'll have to do is make a bookmark list of the 50 caches, then run a PQ of that. Tedious, yes, but at least you can be glad you aren't going after the Gold Country GeoTour, which includes 143 caches!

You could do it in less than a minute with GSAK. Create the Bookmark list. Download the tour GPX and import it to GSAK. Use the api menu to send all of the waypoints to the bookmark list. Go back to the website and make a PQ from the newly populated bookmark list.