Off Topic Post Count

simpjkee

I'm so happy to see where this is going. There are so many good ideas! However, I hate for us to get too far ahead of ourselves. As it stands, for whatever reason, we have no way of even knowing how many posts we've made and this flaw is what needs to be addressed first and foremost. Once this problem is fixed, we can work toward improving the post count statistics.

"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step."

-Lao Tzu

Yeah, I have a high post count, but I made most of those numbers years ago. It makes me realize how much I used to post, since I'm still fairly high on the leader board :unsure:

I'm learning something new every day. Again, had no idea there was such a thing as a "leader board" for post counts.

I didn't see that mentioned in "Geocaching 101" either. ;)

-_- at the wheel.

- Now this thread is starting to make sense...

Of couse, since the post counts are inaccurate, the 'leaderboard' is inaccurate as well.

Yeah, I have a high post count, but I made most of those numbers years ago. It makes me realize how much I used to post, since I'm still fairly high on the leader board :unsure:

I'm learning something new every day. Again, had no idea there was such a thing as a "leader board" for post counts.

-_- at the wheel.

Of couse, since the post counts are inaccurate, the 'leaderboard' is inaccurate as well.

So what.

-_- at the wheel.

So what.

It's inaccurate. That's what

So what.

It's inaccurate. That's what

Yes, that's true. So say I was at the top, would that matter? Would you want it to?

I'm indifferent to who is at the top of the leaderboard. I've made it known that my reason for wanting off topic posts to count is so that I will know what my actual post count is. Other peoples post counts aren't as important to me.

Ambrosia and cerebres were discussing the leaderboard. I wanted to let them know, for their information, that the leaderboard is inaccurate and does not reflect actual post counts.

It just so happens that for the leaderboards to be accurate, Off Topic posts would have to be counted, which is what I want. Therefor, I'd like the leaderboards to be accurate as well since it would accomplish my goal. Kinda like 'the enemy of my enemy is my friend'.

I thought this was about geocaching, not posting about geocaching. Reminds me of this

I'm not sure what you're suggesting. That posting in off topic is not about geocaching?

Off-topic is decidedly OFF TOPIC...

It's interacting with the geocaching community. It is just as much about geocaching as say.... going to an event and talking with people about their other hobbies.

I thought this was about geocaching, not posting about geocaching. Reminds me of this

I'm not sure what you're suggesting. That posting in off topic is not about geocaching?

It's interacting with the geocaching community. It is just as much about geocaching as say.... going to an event and talking with people about their other hobbies.

Well, in a way, that's true. OT is kind of like an online event.

Well, in a way, that's true. OT is kind of like an online event.

except it doesn't 'count'. <_<